Reindeer Rootbeer is a great gift to give those people in your life that you just don't quite know what to get. You know what I'm talking about. You need to give certain people gifts, but they are so hard to shop for! Or you have an office party, or a party with extended relatives, and you don't know anyone well enough to give an awesome present. Enter reindeer rootbeer.
This gift works for almost anyone, but has enough cleverness added in that people will feel really special getting it. They'll think you tried. Which you did. Sort of. Okay, not really all that much. But it sure beats giving someone candles, a Christmas sweater, or a gift card (scratch that...gift cards work for most anyone!). And, it is just so darn cute!
- Root beer or crat beer (in the glass bottles).
- Pipe cleaners: as "antlers".
- red buttons or pom pom's for noses
- and of course...googly eyes!
I used root beer because it was going to some kids for Christmas, but actual beer would work for adults. You could also use other sodas, as long as they have similar packaging and come in a 6-pack (or 4-pack, I guess :)). And, traditionally one would use brown pipe cleaners.
Sometimes we use multi-color for fun. Breaking tradition! We didn't have red pom pom's or buttons so I took cotton balls and a red Sharpie and made my own. If you don't have googly eyes feel free to pop a white dot of paint and add a dot of black on top. Don't go out and buy items, use what you have if possible!
Instructions for Reindeer Rootbeer:
- Attach red pom poms for noses. I use a hot glue gun, but other glues should work. I've used super glue one year with good results.
- Attach googly eyes
- You will need to cut about an inch off of a pipe cleaner (x2) and wrap it around the end of another pipe cleaner to create your "antler". Do this to 2 pipe cleaners (probably the same color). Then wrap it around the neck of your bottle (watch the video if this seems confusing). Repeat for other antler.
- I made a quick little sign that said "Reindeer Root beer" with a simple gift tag.
If you want to, go crazy and give someone an entire case of Reindeer Rootbeer!!!
Additional Christmas Cookies and Treats to try:
- The Ultimate List of Christmas Cookies for Kids to Make
- Fool-Proof No-Chill Sugar Cookies (great for a GF option!)
- 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies
- Grapefruit Shortbread Cookies
- Citrus Linzer Cookies
- the BEST Homemade Toffee Recipe
- the BEST Gingerbread cake recipe
- Caramel Cookie Cup - a family favorite!
- Jam Thumbprint Cookie recipe
- Super-Moist Apple Almond Cake - perfect for coffee or tea!
- 2 Minute Microwave Fudge
- the BEST Gingerbread Cookies
Other $30 BIG IMPACT projects:
- easy DIY Pet Art (Full tutorial, video, & PDF)
- easy DIY Barn Quilt ANYONE can make!
- DIY Song Lyric Art (canvas & Sharpie!)
- DIY Photo Display Board
- Painted Dropcloth Rug
- easy Shoe Organizer Vertical Indoor Garden
- Hi DIY Doormat --no crafting skills needed!
- Must-have Guide for Stenciling a Wall
- Homemade Soy Candles
- Chalkboard Accent Wall
Holiday Cocktails, Mocktails, & festive drinks to try:
- Bucket List of Holiday Cocktails
- Sex on a Snowbank Cocktail
- Cranberry Margarita (with mocktail version)
- Cranberry Moscow Mule (Moscow Unicorn)
- Rosemary Honey Moscow Mule
- Bourbon Cherry Smash Cocktail
- Whiskey Pom Cocktail
- Cranberry Whiskey Sour
- Root Beer and Rum Cocktail
- Hard Cider Hot Toddy
- Bailey's S’mores Dessert Shots