Ready to impress your friends and family? Look no further: this root beer cocktail is guaranteed to please! It’s super simple, with only three ingredients.
Have guests who don’t drink alcohol? No worries – just substitute out some of the booze for more of that tasty root beer or carbonated water.
This delicious concoction was born from a lunch at one our favorite restaurants; after tasting it we knew had to recreate it ourselves – so easy and SO worth it!
- Rum. Good quality rum.
- Root beer. Make sure you grab the stronger varieties that usually come in glass bottles when choosing your rootbeer – you’ll be glad you did.
- Vanilla Syrup (make your own with sugar and vanilla! Try my easy recipe. You’ll use it for so many other cocktails! ) or you could use vanilla extract.
- I have swapped bourbon for rum in this cocktail and liked it. Coconut rum is also a fun swap!
- For a whimsical summer barbecue treat, add some ice cream into the mix as well!
- If entertaining guests is on your agenda.. why not set out all three components along with glasses so they can craft their own concoctions!? This way everyone can customize according to taste without having pre-mixed drinks spoiling throughout the night.
Just whip up a batch of everything except the root beer and keep it chilling in the fridge. Then when it’s time to fizz things up, simply add that magic ingredient – voila! A unique twist on an old classic.
I like to use homemade vanilla simple syrup in this cocktail! It’s an easy recipe with only three ingredients that’ll have you sipping in style.
Alternatively – why not try a plain simple syrup and give it some extra va-va-voom with just one drop of vanilla? Or try small quantities of purchased Coffee Syrup- but remember to taste test as you go so everything ends up tasting perfectly sweetened for YOU.
What alcohol goes with root beer?
Rum and Bourbon are my faves for rootbeer. They pair well with the deep earthy flavor of root beer. Skip more floral liquors like gin or St. Germain.
I have always liked the idea of being a bartender for a few months. Maybe I have watched too much Cheers but I have this idea in my head that I would be able to learn so many things about different kinds of people. The stories, and conversations I might overhear intrigues me. Maybe I am just nosy :). People are my thing and bartenders sure see and hear from alot of people, each day.
I think I would like that. Eh, maybe I’m being silly.
Just a day or two a month as a bartender.
Celebrate the little moments with special people! Gather your friends around and treat them to an unforgettable night. With this cocktail, it’s easy – just mix a few ingredients together and you’ll have something deliciously sensational that everyone will savor. There’s no better way to make memories than sharing good food (and drinks)!
Rum and Root Beer Cocktail
- 1 teaspoons vanilla syrup
- 1.5 ounces rum bourbon also works great!
- 4 ounces root beer
- orange peel
- Mix vanilla and rum, stir well.
- Add ice.
- Top with rootbeer and orange peel.