Do you love dessert? Do you love alcohol? Do you love Irish cream? Then you will LOVE these Bailey's shots served up in sweet cookie cups! They are sweet and creamy, and a fun drink for any party. They utilize chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker to make a perfect smores dessert that will make you think it's summer.
Really, with all this snow this drink is exactly what you need to feel like you're camping. Sitting next to a warm fire, the cool evening air in summer.
Oh boy, why do I live in Minnesota?
Anyway, these drinks are made with chocolate shot glasses. I know! They're so much fun and so tasty. You'll need a mold to make them, and I found a great one here. You also can make the Bailey's shots without the cookie glasses and it will be just as tasty.
What are some variations of this smores dessert shot?
Well, we're glad you asked! If you want some ideas for how to shake up this recipe, we made you a list:
- Add some raspberry or strawberries, whether syrup or fruit
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, or even cayenne for some kick
- Add vodka or rum, with a ratio of 1 part rum to 2 parts Bailey's
- Instead of chocolate shot glasses, add chocolate syrup
- Add a bit of cold coffee
- Instead of in shot glasses, serve the drink over some ice cream
Some Bailey’s questions, answered:
How much alcohol is in a shot of Baileys?
There really is not very much alcohol in a shot of Bailey's, only 0.225 oz of pure ethanol. For reference, a 16 oz beer has the same amount of alcohol as three shots of Bailey's. We think that's good - you can have a few of these shots before you need to worry about getting drunk. Besides, these are pretty sweet and we wouldn't recommend drinking a lot of them or you'd risk a pretty bad hangover.
But, if you're looking for more alcohol in your drink we recommend adding some vodka. It will make the filling thinner, but you'll get the extra alcohol you're looking for. We recommend a ratio of 1:2, one part vodka to two parts Bailey's for the best consistency. If you're just looking for a great tasting drink and don't care about the texture, add as much vodka as you'd like!
Does Bailey's need to be refrigerated?
Baileys does not need to be refrigerated! We like these smore dessert cold, especially because they are in chocolate and we wouldn't want it to melt. But if you're unsure about making this recipe because you don't want to buy a bottle of Baileys that will sit in your fridge, rest assured you do not need to worry. Baileys has a shelf life of up to two years without being refrigerated. We're pretty sure you'll use it faster than that because it's so delicious and creamy, and this recipe will have you using it every week! But whatever the case, the bottle of Bailey's won't take up too much space in your fridge.
Bailey’s Smores Dessert Shots
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup cream
- 100 mL of Bailey’s more for thinner filling
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 6 marshmallows
- In a microwave-safe dish, add chocolate chips and cream. Heat on high for 40 seconds, stirring well every 10 seconds until smooth. Add graham cracker crumbs to chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Using a Cookie Shot Glass pan set, fill each mold halfway with graham cracker mixture. Push in inserts for the shot glass mold. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- To remove, grasp the outside of one mold with your hand- just to warm it slightly. At the same time, gently but firmly rotate the insert until the cup and insert loosen. At this point you should have the graham cracker cup and insert removed from mold.
- Once removed, carefully fill insert the insert with warm water. Wait for 10 seconds, then gently twist and remove cup. Repeat with remaining cups, then refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Add the chocolate chips and cream to a microwave safe dish. Heat on high for 40 seconds mixing well every 10 seconds, or until smooth.
- Once smooth, add the Bailey’s and mix until well-combined. Poor into cups, filling ¾ of the way.
- Roll marshmallows in cocoa powder until well-coated.
- Place marshmallows on baking sheet and broil on high for 1 ½ - 2 minutes.
- Place roasted marshmallow on top of each cup and serve.