Honey simple syrup is infused with fresh rosemary and added to vodka and ginger beer for a fall take on the Moscow Mule. This Rosemary Honey Moscow Mule will be a favorite in your house all year long!
Almost any fresh herb tastes delicious when infused in honey. Add club soda or ginger ale, your favorite vodka and ice to this simple syrup for a delicious take on a moscow mule!
Ginger and rosemary always go well together. Like Batman and Robin. Or chocolate and ... chocolate.
Use a strong ginger beer and your favorite vodka (or swap it out with whisky!) OR substitute club soda to create a non-alcoholic version!
Rosemary Honey Moscow Mule
- ¾ oz rosemary honey simple syrup
- 2 oz vodka we used 45th Parallel Distillery
- 4 oz good ginger beer
Rosemary Honey Simple Syrup:
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Fill a copper mug with ice.
- Add the simple syrup and vodka, stir.
- Pour the ginger beer on top.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Rosemary Simple Syrup Instructions:
- Bring to a gentle boil and boil (gently!) for five minutes.
- Turn down to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour into a heat safe jar and put into the fridge overnight (if you want a strong rosemary flavor include the sprigs in the jar to continue to infuse).
This cocktail was created for Valley Outreach and their Feed the Valley Fundraiser Event. Valley Outreach is a community-powered nonprofit located in Stillwater, MN (my hometown). They provide food, clothing and personalized support to people who need help. Every year they help thousands of people by providing:
- Easy access to nourishing food
- Clothing for the whole family
- Resource and application support
- Case management support based on individual need
- Emergency financial assistance
As part of their response to the COVID-19 pandemic, they provide hundreds of families healthy and delicious food through their drive-up service model. All are welcome at Valley Outreach. People can return as often as they need food.
Truly, organizations like Valley Outreach need our support. The current pandemic and social justice issues have created such a need for kindness and generosity.
Guess what! This year's Feed The Valley event is virtual. Which means...you can hang out with me (I'm a host for this event ;)) even if you are in another state!
Find out more: https://one.bidpal.net/feedthevalley/welcome