off topic…have you read this blog…Thistlewood Farms?
I do. So, it’s cool.
The way she writes about boring, everyday things.
And so, I set out to write this post about…wreaths…
with all the beautiful, wonderfulness that I possess.
Yeah, I’m not that cool. She’s a pro.
But…I do have 2 20 minute wreaths with tutorials for you today!
Two!! Over-achiever that I am.
And so, I am not posting tomorrow. Well, maybe I will just repost
this same post. So, you get it again tomorrow. And the next day too.
Ha! That would be fun!
This takes less then 30 minutes…for real!
- cupcake liners
- embroidery hoop (or something similar)
- hot glue gun and sticks
- buttons, quote, ribbon…whatever decorations you want
1. flip your cupcake liner inside out. Apply a dab of hotglue to the bottom
and stick it to the top of the hoop. Repeat all the way around.
2. Using the same technique add liners to the in betweens. All the way around.
There’s your basic wreath. Time to pretty it up.
3. Add your decorations.
I used buttons on the liners. Cause I have a whole lot of them!
4. more decorations. I think quotes are great in all kinds of places. Wreaths are one of them.
I had this scrapbook paper with a fabulous quote on it…
I added a bit of bakers twine bows and hot glued everything to our wreath.
And there you have a cute, simple, inexpensive wreath. Easy Peasy!
I did this one just because I have a thing for book pages right now.
And I wanted to see if it would turn out the way it did in my head.
It was pretty darn close…
- book pages
- embroidery hoop or something similar (notice a repeat?)
- glue gun and glue sticks
EVIL GLUE GUN!!!
no joke…this darn thing BLEW UP! while I was doing this wreath.
What?? It blew up. As in POOF! Only me…sigh.
moving on…evil glue gun!
1. fold your book pages in half.
2. fold the folded book page over the hoop applying hot glue to the inside.
3. Repeat all the way around.
4. hold a book page (not folded) in the center. Crumple the top up while holding
4. hot glue these “bunches” onto the wreath.
hmmm…I think the EVIL GLUE GUN stole these pictures. Evil glue gun.
5. apply decorations.
I used a Dr. Seuss book and took out the picture of a family from Hop on Pop as
well as the words Mother and Father and Brother and Sister. Cut them out and
inked the edges a bit for some “age”. Then I hotglued them babies on.
Then I used Scrabble letters to form FAMILY…
Reminder…The specially designed pillow for our Bloggy Olympics
Is being given away. To you? I surely do hope so. Go HERE to be entered!
And if you are one of my readers in America…
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
(yes, I said weekend. Because one day doesn’t seem like enough.)
Amongst all your fun, your plans, your eating.
Amongst all the good times, the laughter, and the play.
Amongst all…remember those that have sacrificed
with their life.
I’ll see you all on Tuesday!
Linking up this post with these happening places…
-The Shabby Nest--Simply Designing–the Bold Abode--Remodelaholic--5days, 5ways--Nutmeg Place–Tatertots & Jello--Funky Junk Interiors--Today’s Craft Blog--Tip Junkie--Just Us Four--Uncommon Designs--The 36th Avenue-