You can make an envelope out of magazines, cardstock, paper, even the funnies! Create unique and personalized cards with matching envelopes with this easy tutorial. All you need to do is fold!
I wrote sweet little compliments on each paper for my little boy and used a few simple steps to fold an envelope out of the messages. I strung those sweet envelopes into a garland and hung it in his room on Valentine's Day. Such a sweet way to tell him how special he is!
Create a personalized card and envelope for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, or anytime. These remind me of the little envelopes I created as a little girl full of messages to pass in school. Did you do the same thing?
Supplies to make an origami envelope:
- wrapping paper or cardstock cut into a square
I have family that is sooo great at sending legit paper notes and cards. I'm terrible. I have mad respect for those of you that still use this traditional way of communication. Keep it up!! I appreciate it and always wish I did a better job of it. You inspire me!
Origami Envelope garland:
- Write messages on each paper (you need 14 in all).
- Fold into an envelope.
- String up. (you may need to tape the string to the inside of the envelope so it won't slide down the string)
Instructions to make an origami envelope:
- Fold one corner to the next. Flip and do the same to the other side
- Take one corner and bring to meet the center of the paper.
- Fold the paper up and along the crease.
- Fold one side over (make it overlap the center)
- Fold the second side over overlapping the center as well.
- The bit that is overlapping from the side fold over (creating a triangle of it's own)
- Press that little triangle that you just made into itself to create a diamond for the top to tuck into.
Great job!! You have folded an envelope for your little messages!
I"ll be honest and tell you that I have little knowledge of origami. This little envelope is the extent of my origami skills. But I'm always in awe of the skills I see from proper origami artists. So cool!
Try making an origami envelope out of:
- daily funnies
- word searches
- wrapping paper
And, for some great Valentine's activities for your little Prince's and Princesses' try these...