Let's get extra creative and fun with Halloween, this year! Hand out individual Mummy Halloween treat cups to keep it fun and safe! This cute craft is easy to make and absolutely adorable!
Do you have a kid that wants to be a mummy? Check out my DIY mummy costume as seen in All You Magazine.
I mean, is there anything that google eyes SHOULDN'T be on?Absolutely not...so fun!
Speaking of google-eye projects... these pom pom ghosts make for the cutest not so spooky Halloween decor!
The supplies are crazy simple and easily purchased at your local store. I've included the links below to grab them online, if you like. The links should make at least 12 cups.
Tip: If you don't want to go with the extra step of buying streamers and google eyes simply grab toilet paper and Sharpie for the eyes. But be warned...toilet paper isn't always commonly loved (you might want to clarify it's clean :))
Tear your streamers into sections and THEN in half. You want those jagged, uneven edges to add the mummy effect on your treat cups. Simply wrap them around the cup as many times as you like for the desired look. If needed, secure them with a bit of glue.
FUN PART!! Attach your google eyes to your Halloween treat cup however you like. Maybe attach one a bit behind a piece of streamer for a fun extra "mummy" look. Secure them with a bit of glue for added security.
Fill the mummy up with your favorite candy or treats! These are a fantastic way to help keep kids from digging their hands in bowls of candy and spreading unwanted germs. They stay safe AND they think it's super fun and cute!
For your party, don't forget Candy Corn fruit cups and Candy Corn Halloween Punch---always a favorite at Halloween!
Mummy Halloween Treat Cups
To make 1 Mummy Candy Cup:
- 1 paper cup preferably in black or white (8 oz. each)
- White streamers
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks you can use super glue, if needed. Or even Elmer's if the kids are involved!
- 2 craft googly eyes
- Cut white streamers into strips, about 9 inches long.
- Next, cut each streamer strip in half, lengthwise.
- Wrap white streamers around the cup, using the hot glue gun to secure it. We recommend adding a dot of glue to each end of the streamer to attach.
- Don’t worry about the “wraps” looking uneven. The best part about this project is that the more “unruly” it looks, the better!
- Attach 2 googly eyes, securing it with hot glue gun, for the mummy’s eyes.
- Fill up with your favorite candy.