This skillet Tuscan Chicken is an easy family dinner with a yummy cream sauce full of delightful dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and spinach. You’ll love how easy this chicken dish is and how much your family loves it!
This recipe will be on the table in no time, make your whole family happy, and keep clean up easy and simple!
Tip: Use chicken thighs for a great budget-friendly option. Bonus, chicken thighs bring a better and more tender flavor to this dish!
How long does it take to cook chicken in a frying pan?
Most whole chicken breasts take about 8 minutes to fry in a frying pan. However, this recipe uses smaller portions of chicken that will only take a couple of minutes.
Sun dried tomatoes are easy to use and bring a delicious sweetness to this dish. Don’t skip it!
If you have family that will cringe at the addition of spinach to this sauce, reserve a small amount out before you add the spinach.
This recipe calls for using olive oil to fry up the chicken. However, butter will give the absolute best flavor. If your diet allows for it, use butter instead of oil for the best flavor!
Can I use dried sun dried tomatoes instead of sun dried tomatoes packed in oil?
Yes! This recipe uses sun-dried tomatoes in oil however, you can use sun-dried tomatoes, too. Simply dice them and soak them in a bit of oil or water for about 10 minutes to plump them up. Simple!
This recipe is absolutely delicious served over pasta or potatoes! Add fresh fruit or a salad for a complete meal the whole family gets excited about.
Tuscan Skillet Chicken
- 1 to 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup spinach roughly chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil diced
- If serving over pasta, start cooking the pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. In small batches, brown the chicken on all sides. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add broth to skillet and scrape the bottom to release any cooked-on pieces. Add the cream, seasonings, and parmesan. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until the cream sauce thickens.
- Reduce heat and return the chicken to the skillet. Add the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often, until the chicken is cooked through and the spinach has wilted.
- Serve over pasta with a bit of fresh basil or oregano.
Save this recipe to your Pinterest board for later…
Other easy Chicken dishes your family will love:
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo that even your pickiest eater will love!
Chicken and Tomato Cobbler is a budget-friendly dish using flavorful chicken thighs with a glorious cobbler topping. Hearty and delicious!