As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
The best and easiest chicken enchiladas recipe you’ll make. It’s sooooo creamy, and flavorful, and cheesy, and easy. Oh so easy!
I thought I would give you the recipe for the BEST EASY chicken enchiladas with green chilis. I realize that I’m from MN and have absolutely no qualifications for claiming anything about Mexican food. But, in this case, it’s true.
This recipe feeds a whole lot of mouths with little time and effort. Which, in my giant family, is incredibly important. You and I don’t have time for finding fancy ingredients or taking extra steps. We just want to get a good meal on the table as quickly as possible.
Can I use canned chicken for this recipe?
Yes, you absolutely can! Just be sure to drain it first.
These easy chicken enchiladas are about layering a delicious chicken and sour cream mixture, corn tortillas, enchilada sauce, and Oaxaca cheese from Crystal Farms®, the best cheese for meltiness. Simply layer it up and bake it.
Fresh cilantro is the only item you might want to grab fresh. But, of course, that is entirely optional. The rest of the ingredients are easy to grab far in advance and store in the fridge or cupboard until needed.
All sorts of cheesy, melty goodness are happening in this picture.
This chicken green chili enchilada recipe will help you solve what to make for dinner when family shows up. Or you want to have friends over. Or when you want to make a great dinner for your family with enough left over to freeze for later. This is that recipe. It will make you look like an amazing cook with little effort and time.
easy chicken enchiladas with green chilis
- about 4 cups cooked chicken diced
- 2 4.5 oz cans green chilis
- 4 cups Crystal Farms® Oaxaca Cheese super great for meltiness!
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 oz can green enchilada sauce I usually like to use 1 1/2 because my family likes this extra gooey
- 12 corn tortillas
- fresh cilantro
- green onions
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Spread about 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch cake pan.
- Top with 6 corn tortillas.
- Top with 1/3 of the chicken mixture.
- Top with 1/3 of the cheese.
- Continue to layer until all of the ingredients are gone.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top (as much as you prefer).
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until bubbling.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. Serve.
-To lighten this up, use Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream