I’m lazy. No, I guess that’s not true. I can work my behind off if it’s something I want to do. Or something I think is worthwhile. But, if there is a way to do something quicker, easier AND better…I’m not stupid. Lazy. Not stupid. These Petit Fours are too darn smart. Just plain brilliant if you ask me. A must-know kind of thing. That thing that makes you feel like Martha Stewart with the skills of Paris Hilton. Love that feeling!
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Find our full disclosure here.
Why overthink something that can be simple?
These little squares of petit four goodness are simple to make and taste delicious…perfect for parties! Or…just plain eating!
- Angel food or pound cake
- candy coating (I used Candyquik)
Decorations if you like; I used colored sugar, icing, and mini cupcake liners I had on hand.
To Make Petit Fours:
- Cut the cake into squares.
- Melt the candy coating (it even comes in a microwaveable container…fool-proof!)
- Dip the squares in candy coating. Set on wire cooling rack to drip off.
- Decorate (tip: put colored sugar on while warm, put icing on while cool )
Waiting to go for a dip. Yum!
- Many kinds of cakes can be used for this treat. Pound cake is a great option!
Nothing like a dip in candy coating to make something amazing!
- of course, melted chocolate is always tasty and useful! (we keep chocolate bars on hand for melting)
- To make a temporary dripping rack, poke the ends of wooden skewers into a foil box and set the other ends on a kitchen utensil.
Yes, it really is that easy. Yes, these are tasty and perfect for tea parties, weddings, Mother’s Day dinners (ahem!), and lots and lots!! Pin these petit fours for later…you’ll use them! Mmmm…these are making me hungry!
- other topping ideas… candied fruit, sprigs of herbs, and shaved chocolate!
Do you want more easy recipes?
We have this theory…great food can be as easy or as hard as you want it to be. You decide!