This hot, cheesy dip has all of your favorite Buffalo-style flavors, and it’s so simple to make in your oven or crockpot, it’s ridiculous.
This recipe uses ranch dressing (try using our homemade ranch dressing), skips the blue cheese, and tones down the buffalo sauce making it a much more kid-friendly version of our favorite buffalo chicken wings.
Other Buffalo Chicken Recipes to Try:
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches (Slow cooker recipe)
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower
Key Ingredients for buffalo chix dip:
- Chicken breast, cooked and shredded. Go ahead and head to your pantry for a couple of cans of chicken instead of the shredded chicken. You'll need about 2 cans of chicken for this recipe. Rotisserie chicken works great for this!
- Cream cheese, softened. You could use only half cream cheese and half sour cream, if you prefer that tangy flavor.
- Ranch dressing. If you prefer, you can absolutely sub in blue cheese dressing for the ranch dressing to amp up the traditional buffalo wings flavor.
- Buffalo sauce. Love heat? Add an extra tablespoon or two of your Frank's Hot Sauce.
- Mexican blend cheese, shredded. To keep this yummy dip as kid-friendly as possible I've skipped the blue cheese and opted for a Mexican blend cheese that kids like better. But feel free to opt for the blue cheese, instead!
Instructions for buffalo chix dip:
This recipe couldn't be easier! Simply mix and bake.
- Preheat the oven.
- Shred your chicken, if applicable.
- Stir the ingredients together and pour into a greased baking dish or oven-proof skillet.
- Bake until bubbly and hot.
- Top with freshly chopped chives and serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks, tortilla chips, and/or crackers.
Optional: Add an extra topping of cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, or more Mexican blend cheese at the very last bit of cooking...until melted. This also works for the CrockPot version.
Mix all of the ingredients together and place the mixture in CrockPot on low for 3-4 hours or high 1-2 hours. I would recommend stirring it about every ½ hour, if possible so it doesn't burn on the edges.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and shredded or 2 cans of chicken (drained)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 8 oz ranch dressing
- 3 oz buffalo sauce
- 8 oz Mexican blend cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix shredded chicken with cream cheese, dressing, hot sauce, and shredded cheese.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Bake in well-greased 9x13 pan for about 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly, stirring about ½ way through.
- Serve warm with crackers, carrot sticks, or celery sticks.
more party dip recipes to try:
- Dill Pickle Dip with Ham
- Cucumber Dill Yogurt Dip
- easy 3 ingredient Olive Dip!
- the Easiest Sausage Queso Dip (slow-cooker)
- easy Shrimp Dip
- Hot Walleye Dip recipe
Hey, y'all I've got a fun update for you...I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program. Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show how much you love the resources and recipes on my website.
I'm loving this because it allows my loyal readers, like you, to feel more connected and engaged because you have the ability to express yourself and share what my work means to you directly to me, without any extra communication.
What I really love is that you all get to choose and select from a variety of different stickers that are super cute with all various support levels. I'm totally in love with the dinosaur. But if you want to knit me a pair of socks...I won't complain ;).
TBH, I'm thrilled to see a highly personal way for you to interact with me and my website. And getting a box of chocolates is even MORE special to me ;).
Every time you decide to send a paid sticker, you can add a personal message (hopefully it's kind and full of love :)) And for me, these virtual stickers can translate into direct revenue to support the work that goes into the free content that you are enjoying on my website.
Best of all...I know exactly what kind of content my readers appreciate the most because you can show me. So when you use a recipe or resource that you would like to see more of...send a sticker and let me know!
You can find the Thank with Google feature in my sidebar, the button at the top of this blog post, and directly under any post you read. Check it out...easy to find places so you can easily find them.
If you test it out let me know what you think! Leave me a comment, DM, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks as always for your support.