You combine the classic Italian comfort food lasagna with the convenience of ravioli and you have ravioli lasagna. The perfect hearty meal for busy weeknights without spending hours in the kitchen. With layers of creamy ricotta cheese, savory tomato sauce, and tender ravioli, your whole family will love it!
Do you love the flavors of lasagna as much as my family? I know you’ll like my Quick & Easy Lasagna Soup!
Do you have to boil frozen ravioli before baking?
Put that pot away! There is no need to boil—or even thaw—the frozen ravioli for this Ravioli Lasagna. Hooray! One less step and one less dirty dish. What’s not to like about that?
You know the drill: you’ve got a busy family to feed, but limited time and energy. Everyone’s asking what’s for dinner – ideally something tasty, nutritious, easy-to-make… sound familiar? Well moms (and dads), we have just the answer!
Ravioli Lasagna is a simple dish that will have your family ready to dive in with gusto – made with only four ingredients! So if you’re short on time and resources, this is one recipe sure to make everyone at the table happy.
Have you been wanting to try making your own ravioli? Try this ravioli dough from Tyler Florence.
- Ground beef. Try using ground turkey, ground sausage, or even mushrooms if your family prefers.
- Spaghetti Sauce. Using jarred sauce keeps this really easy and fast. Use your favorite brand! No shame in the jarred sauce game.
- Frozen cheese ravioli. Using frozen ravioli keeps this recipe easy. Try using different ravioli flavors to switch up this recipe!
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded. Change up the cheese with whatever you have available and don’t forget cheese can be frozen so stock up when it’s on sale.
- Fresh Garlic. Saute some up with the ground beef for even better flavor.
- Spinach. Stir some fresh spinach in with the sauce before you layer up your lasagna.
- Ricotta Cheese. If you love ricotta in your lasagna mix up a bit with the mozzarella for the traditional ricotta flavor.
- Fresh Basil, Oregano, or Parsley. Any fresh herbs will elevate this recipe aLOT!
- Onion. Try adding fresh onion to the ground beef when you saute it.
Can I make Ravioli Lasagna Vegetarian?
You can easily make your Ravioli Lasagna a vegetarian dish! The easiest way is to simply leave out the meat and just use a marinara sauce. But if you want a little more substance, try using beans or mushrooms (or whatever veggies your heart desires) in your sauce instead of ground beef.
Do I have to use frozen ravioli?
No, you can certainly use whatever kind you like. Even the specialty kind found in the dairy section of the grocery. But frozen ravioli is the most budget-friendly and easiest to work with. But try whatever is your family’s favorite kind of ravioli!
I like to make up a quick homemade spaghetti sauce for my pasta dishes. But I always keep a jar of our favorite pasta sauce for my husband and kids to use. This easy dinner is all about fast and delicious. And easy enough for anyone to make it!
How to Make Ravioli Lasagna:
- Prior to layering up the lasagna you need to ground your beef and add your sauce to the skillet.
- Just like in lasagna, you are going to layer up the ingredients. Sauce, cheese, frozen ravioli…repeat.
- And bake it until it is bubbling, golden, and making the whole house smell like an Italian restaurant. Soooo good!
Can I make this in the crock pot?
You can make Ravioli Lasagna in the crockpot if you prefer. Spray the crockpot first, then follow the assembly instructions from the recipe. Cook it all on low for 3-4 hours and voila! A delicious meal.
Making Ravioli Lasagna ahead:
Assemble the ravioli lasagna in a freezer-proof casserole pan and pop it into the freezer to be baked at a later time. You don’t need to thaw it…simply pop it straight into the oven (be mindful of the pan you use…some don’t appreciate freezer to oven. Be sure to use the appropriate pan). You will need to add an additional 15 minutes to the bake time to account for the colder starting temp. <— this recipe is fantastic for making a double batch and freezing for later!
Storing Leftover Ravioli Lasagna:
First of all…as IF there will be any leftovers :). But for info, any leftovers pop into an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Leftovers freeze well. Put them into a freezer-friendly container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and heat.
Reheating Ravioli Lasagna:
When it comes to reheating, you can treat Ravioli Lasagna like a casserole. It’s usually easiest to reheat individual servings in the microwave. If you’re reheating for multiple people, you can pop the pan back in the oven to reheat the whole thing. Check here for more info on reheating casseroles.
What do you serve with ravioli lasagna?
All pasta dishes are delicious served with a simple green salad and crusty bread—and this Ravioli Lasagna is no exception. But my family loves it with some zucchini that’s been sauteed with olive oil and garlic or with roasted green beans. You really can’t go wrong pairing red sauce pasta with a green veggie.
So, there you have it. The perfect ooey and gooey ravioli lasagna recipe that your family will love. Will you be giving it a try? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below if you do!