An easy dinner the whole family will rave over, this "lazy lasagna" is made with frozen ravioli and comes together in under 10 minutes with only 4 ingredients. I mean...it doesn't get better than that!
This is the recipe that I tell every bachelor I know to have in their backpocket of recipes to make that impress whomever they are wanting to impress. Ravioli lasagna is almost as good as the real thing with a fraction of the work.
You would be surprised how many times a bachelor asks for a recipe that is easy, tastes amazing, and looks absolutely delicious!
Layers of sauce, cheese, and ravioli are an effortless way to recreate an amazing lasagna without the fuss of lasagna noodles.
Using frozen ravioli keeps this recipe crazy easy to make and a great recipe to make ahead and store in the fridge until you are ready to bake it.
Tip: Try using different ravioli flavors to switch up this recipe!
Do I have to use frozen ravioli?
No, you can certainly use whatever kind you like. Even the specialty kind found in the dairy section of the grocery. But frozen ravioli is the most budget friendly and easiest to work with. But try whatever is your family's favorite kind of ravioli!
I like to make up a quick homemade spaghetti sauce for my pasta dishes. But I always keep a jar of our favorite pasta sauce for my husband and kids to use.
No shame in the jarred sauce game! This easy dinner is all about fast and delicious. And easy enough for anyone to make it!
Just like in lasagna, you are going to layer up the ingredients. Sauce, cheese, frozen ravioli...repeat.
And bake it until it is bubbling, golden, and making the whole house smell like an Italian restaurant. Sooo good!
And you, my friend, are an amazing cook!
Just look at that! Gooey, cheesy, saucy, and full of yumminess. I won't tell anyone how easy it was if you don't! Or do. Share the great recipe.
Ravioli Lasagna (Bachelor's Lasagna)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 bag frozen cheese ravioli (25 ounces)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, crumble and brown the ground beef over medium heat until completely browned. Drain off the excess fat
- Reserve ¾ cup of the spaghetti sauce; set aside. Add the remaining spaghetti sauce to the skillet with the ground beef. Stir well then cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread ¼ cup of the reserved spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Arrange one third of the frozen ravioli in a single layer in the pan.
- Top the ravioli in the pan with half of the ground beef mixture, then sprinkle with ⅓ cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place another ⅓ of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the meat sauce and cheese. Top with the rest of the meat sauce and another ⅓ cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the final ⅓ of the frozen ravioli on top of the casserole. Top with the remaining ½ cup of the spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining ⅔ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake the casserole at 350F for 30-40 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted and beginning to bubble around the edges.