An easy dinner the whole family will rave over, this "lazy lasagna" is made with frozen ravioli and comes together in under 10 minutes with only 4 ingredients. I mean...it doesn't get better than that!
More recipes from the Pantry Budget Rescue Series:
- "Meat"ball Marinara Sub Recipe (Pantry Budget Rescue Series)
- Kielbasa Hashbrown casserole
- The Perfect Family Recipe for Authentic Swedish Meatballs
- Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- The simplest sheet pan beef nachos recipe
- Easy Gnocchi alfredo
- Ravioli Lasagna (aka Bachelor's Lasagna)
- Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles
- Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
This is the recipe that I tell every bachelor I know to have in their back pocket of recipes to make that impress whomever they are wanting to impress. Ravioli lasagna is almost as good as the real thing with a fraction of the work.
You would be surprised how many times a bachelor asks for a recipe that is easy, tastes amazing, and looks absolutely delicious!
Layers of sauce, cheese, and ravioli are an effortless way to recreate an amazing lasagna without the fuss of lasagna noodles.
Using frozen ravioli instead of traditional lasagna noodles keeps this recipe easy to make and a great recipe to make ahead and store in the fridge until you are ready to bake it.
- Ground beef. Try using ground turkey, ground sausage, or even mushrooms if your family prefers.
- Spaghetti Sauce. Using jarred sauce keeps this really easy and fast. Use your favorite brand! No shame in the jarred sauce game.
- Frozen cheese ravioli. Using frozen ravioli keeps this recipe easy. Try using different ravioli flavors to switch up this recipe!
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded. Change up the cheese with whatever you have available and don't forget cheese can be frozen so stock up when it's on sale.
- Fresh Garlic. Saute some up with the ground beef for even better flavor.
- Spinach. Stir some fresh spinach in with the sauce before you layer up your lasagana.
- Ricotta Cheese. If you love ricotta in your lasagna mix up a bit with the mozzarella for the traditional ricotta flavor.
- Fresh Basil, Oregano, or Parsley. Any fresh herbs will elevate this recipe aLOT!
- Onion. Try adding fresh onion to the ground beef when you saute it.
Do I have to use frozen ravioli?
No, you can certainly use whatever kind you like. Even the specialty kind found in the dairy section of the grocery. But frozen ravioli is the most budget-friendly and easiest to work with. But try whatever is your family's favorite kind of ravioli!
I like to make up a quick homemade spaghetti sauce for my pasta dishes. But I always keep a jar of our favorite pasta sauce for my husband and kids to use. This easy dinner is all about fast and delicious. And easy enough for anyone to make it!
How to Make Bachelor Lasagna:
- Prior to layering up the lasagna you need to ground your beef and add your sauce to the skillet.
- Just like in lasagna, you are going to layer up the ingredients. Sauce, cheese, frozen ravioli...repeat.
- And bake it until it is bubbling, golden, and making the whole house smell like an Italian restaurant. Soooo good!
You can put this ravioli lasagna together and pop it into the freezer to be baked at a later time. Simply thaw it in the fridge overnight before baking it. You may need to add an additional 15 minutes to the bake time to account for the colder starting temp. <--- this recipe is fantastic for making a double batch and freezing for later!
Any leftovers pop into an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. You can heat the leftovers in the oven or the microwave. Leftovers freeze well. Put them into a freezer-friendly container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and heat.
Just look at that! Gooey, cheesy, saucy, and full of yumminess. I won't tell anyone how easy it was if you don't! Or do. Share the great recipe.
And you, my friend, are an amazing cook!
Ravioli Lasagna (Bachelor's Lasagna)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 bag frozen cheese ravioli (25 ounces)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium skillet, crumble and brown the ground beef over medium heat until completely browned. Drain off the excess fat
- Reserve ¾ cup of the spaghetti sauce; set aside. Add the remaining spaghetti sauce to the skillet with the ground beef. Stir well then cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread ¼ cup of the reserved spaghetti sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Arrange one third of the frozen ravioli in a single layer in the pan.
- Top the ravioli in the pan with half of the ground beef mixture, then sprinkle with ⅓ cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place another ⅓ of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the meat sauce and cheese. Top with the rest of the meat sauce and another ⅓ cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place the final ⅓ of the frozen ravioli on top of the casserole. Top with the remaining ½ cup of the spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining ⅔ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake the casserole at 350F for 30-40 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted and beginning to bubble around the edges.