This sheet pan version of nachos has all the popular toppings in one place for a delicious and easy dinner. Learn how to make the easiest sheet pan nachos here. Skip the ground beef and opt for the vegetarian option, if you prefer.
Head to your pantry for the ingredients you need for this affordable, family- favorite meal. Don’t forget to catch the other recipes in our Pantry Budget Rescue Series…
More recipes from the Pantry Budget Rescue Series:
- “Meat”ball Marinara Sub Recipe (Pantry Budget Rescue Series)
- Kielbasa Hashbrown casserole
- The Perfect Family Recipe for Authentic Swedish Meatballs
- Easy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
- The simplest sheet pan beef nachos recipe
- Easy Gnocchi alfredo
- Ravioli Lasagna (aka Bachelor’s Lasagna)
- Skillet Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Thai Peanut Sauce Noodles
- Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper
- One Pan Enchilada Casserole
Coming from a giant family with a lot of mouths to feed on a limited budget, I didn’t see a lot of nachos. Let’s face it, you don’t usually associate pantry ingredients with tasty nachos.
But, I know you’ll be surprised at how tasty and AFFORDABLE this version of nachos is. Really, it comes down to your toppings.
TIP: You can freeze cheese- So find it on sale and grab extra blocks to pop into your freezer!
- Taco Seasoning. I prefer the low-sodium version to keep the salt down.
- Ground Beef. You can skip the ground beef and opt for an additional can of refried beans or black beans in place of the beef.
- Shredded Cheese. I prefer cheddar cheeses, Monterey jack cheese, and pepper jack cheese. Nacho Cheese sauce also works great.
- Refried Beans.
- Tortilla Chips. Any corn tortilla chips that are fairly thick and will hold up to the beans.
- Diced Tomatoes. Like the taco seasoning, find low-sodium versions.
- Optional Favorite Nacho Toppings: salsa, jalapeños, cilantro, avocado, black olives.
Method for this sheet pan nachos recipe:
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and chopped onions together with the taco seasoning.
- Spread a single layer of corn tortillas on a baking sheet.
- Top with the refried bean mixture, meat mixture, & shredded cheese.
- Bake until golden brown and melty.
- Top with your favorite next level toppings.
Sadly, Nachos aren’t great for making ahead. However, you can certainly make the meat and refried bean mixture in advance to save yourself some time.
Reheating nachos is best done in the oven to keep those chips crispy. If you have an air-fryer…the air fryer works brilliantly!
Note: I add toppings only to what I know will be eaten right away to keep any leftovers topping free and easier (and tastier) to reheat.
I bet you have the ingredients for this nachos recipe in your pantry, already. Grab them and make a tasty dinner (or Game Day snack?) for your family. Set out their favorite toppings and let them pick and choose. Even the pickiest eater in the house will be happy!
Sheet Pan Beef Nachos Supreme
- 1 pkg taco seasoning (or use my homemade version! Use 2 tbsp of homemade seasoning)
- 1 lb ground beef (ground turkey works great for this, too!)
- 1 cup yellow onions, diced (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 large bag tortilla chips (make sure they are the thicker kind or they won’t hold up to the toppings)
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained (save the juice that you drain off)
- 1 lb shredded cheese (I recommend Cheddar or Monterey Jack. And for ultimate melting, shred your own block)
- 1 can green chilies, drained Optional
- Favorite Nacho Toppings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef and diced onions together until the beef is no longer pink. Add the taco seasoning and follow the directions on the package. Drain, if necessary.
- While you are browning the beef, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread out the tortilla chips on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the refried beans, juice from draining the tomatoes, and can of green chilies together. Spoon the mixture on the tortilla chips.
- Top with the ground beef and onions. Then Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Top with the diced tomatoes you saved, and any additional toppings you like (we like sour cream, olives, green onions, shredded lettuce, olives, jalapenos, cheese sauce and guacamole).