This super simple lemon drop recipe should not have me as excited as it does, but I just can’t help myself! This little drink is so easy to make, is wonderfully refreshing on a hot summer day, and is super cute to serve because of the special little tip I have.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Find our full disclosure here.
Really, you say with a little attitude…lemons? Well duh, lemon drops have lemons.
But, let’s take it a step further than just lemons as an ingredient IN the drink and let’s put our finished cocktail IN the lemons. WHOA! It’s sooo stinking cute that I just can’t stand it! And, I swear they are the perfect size for lemon drop “shots”. I adore these little guys!
Here are some great tips for serving cocktails in fun ways:
- lemons and limes are great for serving “shots” in!
- use egg holders or mini cupcake tins to set them in so they don’t tip
- coconuts work great for pina colada’s
- have you thought about cutting a watermelon in half, scooping it out, and serving punch in it? Hey…you could even make a Watermelon margarita to put in it!
Ingredients for Lemon Drop Recipe:
- Lemons (I used 6 for 12 lemon drops)
- Vodka (about 1/2 cup or so?)-for gluten-free diets be sure to get vodka not distilled from wheat!
- Sugar (a tsp per lemon half…about)
Directions for Lemon Drop Recipe:
- Slice the lemons in half and squeeze the juice out of them into a container (tip, roll them on a table prior to cutting to make that juice flow!)
- Use a spoon (or I use my hands…faster!) to take out the insides of the lemon. Set aside.
- Mix the lemon juice you squeezed with equal part vodka. (So, 1/2 a cup of lemon juice would be 1/2 a cup of vodka. 1/4 cup juice, 1/4 cup vodka…etc.)
- Set your empty lemons inside of egg holders or mini muffin tins so they sit up nicely for you.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar inside each lemon (or more, depending on your tastes).
- Pour your lemon juice/vodka into each lemon (if this difficult to pour cleanly simply use a spoon to scoop it into the lemons)
- Set the lemon drops into the freezer until ready to serve.
May you go forth and throw fantastic parties with little baby lemon drops that stop your guests in their tracks from their awesomeness!!! Throw in some homemade drink umbrellas and gosh darn…that is some serious stuff!
fruit and veggies are great, unique serving dishes! Use the insides for your recipe and the outsides for serving!
If you make these little guys, we want to know!! We are so excited for you all to try out this lemon drop recipe. They just make you smile to look at them!