With simple ingredients like sparkling white wine, tonic water, and Aperol you can't help but have a refreshingly delicious cocktail in 3 easy steps! You need to add this one to your go-to cocktails!
Are you looking for delicious 3 ingredient cocktails? Try my Sex on a Snowbank or Lemon Drop Martini for quick, easy, and amazing drinks!
This wine spritzer is so quick and easy to make you NEED to have it in your back pocket for parties. It's just one of those drinks that tricks people into thinking you are super awesome in the kitchen. Simple ingredients, simple instructions...so great!
You could go out and get all sorts of supplies and pay big bucks for tons of alcohol to make crazy drinks...but wouldn't you rather do something simple and delicious that people are going to love anyway?
Key Ingredients for Aperol Wine Spritzer:
- Aperol. You can sub Campari for the Aperol for a similar flavor, as well.
- Sparkling white wine. I prefer to use a sparkling dry white wine to keep the sweetness down. Prosecco, Brút, or Champagne are other good options. The cheap stuff works perfectly fine!
- Tonic water or Club Soda. Tonic water provides a nice sweetness to mellow out the dry wine. However, Club soda works great if you would like to to keep the calories down and the sweetness to a minimum.
- Fresh lemon. Just a squeeze of fresh lemon in this spritzer makes all the difference in the world and provides a nice tangy finish. So good! Don't forget to add a slice of lemon as a garnish.
- Fresh mint. I use fresh mint as a garnish but you could also try another fresh herb like thyme or rosemary. When you go to take a sip of this cocktail you get the smell of the fresh mint and lemon with the spritz and it tastes just like summer. Fresh, light, and refreshing!
This spritzer couldn't be easier to make and remember. Remember 3-2-1- and you will always have this recipe in your memory. 3 parts sparkling wine (3 oz) to 2 parts Aperol (2 oz) to 1 part tonic water (1 oz). Even if you forget to add a squeeze of lemon adding these ingredients in the 3-2-1 measurements guarantees a yummy wine spritzer every time.
How to Make Aperol Wine Spritzer:
- Fill a very, very cold wine glass with ice.
- Add the aperol to the glass.
- Layer the aperol with the sparkling white wine, prosecco, or Brút.
- Top it off with tonic water and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Garnish the spritzer with a slice of fresh lemon and a sprig of fresh mint.
- Serve right away...this spritzer is best really cold!
This cocktail is not make ahead friendly because of the use of sparkling wine and tonic water.
However, it is VERY inexpensive to make multiple spritzers and makes this wine spritzer ideal for summer barbecues or cocktail parties.
For a party: You'll find that you can get about 12 spritzers (depending on size) from 1 bottle of wine, tonic, and aperol (the aperol will give you far more than 12!)
Recipe for Aperol Wine Spritzer
- 3 oz sparkling white wine very cold!
- 2 oz Aperol
- 1 oz tonic water or club soda
- 1 fresh lemon
- sprig of fresh mint
- Fill a wine glass with ice.
- Add the aperol to the glass.
- Follow with the sparkling wine.
- Top with the tonic water.
- Add a gentle squeeze of fresh lemon to the top.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and mint sprig.
- Drink immediately. Best served cold!
Perhaps you are an entertaining genius...go you!! But, perhaps you are like me and just need to know a few great tricks to feel a little more confident. This drink needs to go into your vault. No need to freak out the next time you entertain! You got this!