No need to use a bundt pan for this easy bread! Lathered in a creamy pumpkin pie filling, this monkey bread is the ultimate fall breakfast!
Other great NellieBellie recipes featuring Rhodes Bake-N-Serv:
- Air Fryer Doughboys
- Sharing Bread Wreath
- Quick & Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- Campfire Cinnamon Rolls in Oranges
- Bacon & Cheese Dinner Rolls
- Hot Hawaiian Ham Sliders
- Cast Iron Deep Dish Pizza
I love using frozen bread dough to create a variety of recipes. It’s easy, affordable, and handy. If you haven’t tried using Rhodes in your recipes…give one of these recipes a try. I know you’ll love it!
Good holiday breakfasts need to have two important ingredients: EASY and SPECIAL! Bonus for those that ALSO serve up a lot of people in a quick hurry (this recipe easily doubles and fills a 9 by 13 pan). This breakfast helps with those busy holiday mornings when fun, laughter, and food make for a flurry of activity and joy.
I use Rhodes Bake-N-Serve bread dough to keep this breakfast crazy easy to make. No need for homemade ANYTHING! I just whip up the sugar mixture, roll around the dough, and bake it away.
What is Pull-Apart Bread?
Otherwise known as monkey bread, pull-apart bread is soft, moist, stick bits of pastry usually baked up together in a bundt pan to create a single bread. The bread pulls-apart into lovely little bites of sweet bread.
Only 3 easy ingredients to give this monkey bread that special holiday flavor. Amp up your pumpkin pie spice if your family are fans! Try using my homemade pumpkin pie spice with my Grandma’s special ingredient. So good.
Little balls of dough are rolled around in sugar and spices. Do them in batches so that lovely dough doesn’t stick to itself. Dough sticking to itself does NOT make for great pulling-apart.
This is where many recipes end…with the cinnamon and sugar part. And you certainly could as well and still have an utterly delicious breakfast.
OR…you could stick with me for the pumpkin pie filling and have a SPECIAL holiday breakfast your family will be asking for year after year.
We put all of the little bundles of joy (dough) into the pan. Remember, a loaf pan or 8 by 8 pan works just fine. You don’t need a bundt pan! From here we pour on top our pumpkin pie mixture…
Try whipping up some cream cheese frosting/icing if that’s your thing. I find this bread is plenty sweet and my family loves it without the added frosting. But gosh, cream cheese frosting, pumpkin pie filling, and cinnamon pull-apart bread in one single pan–so good!
Pumpkin Pie Pull-Apart Bread
- 1 roll Rhodes Bake-N-Serve Frozen Bread Dough thawed and risen slightly (at least 1/2 again the size)
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 1 150z can pumpkin pie filling or pumpkin puree and 1/2 cup brown sugar mixed together
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Prep your dough
- Place your frozen dough into a greased pan and cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray. Let sit in the fridge at least overnight. I often let it sit for 2 nights.
Make your bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl or gallon Ziplock bag, mix your pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and cinnamon together.
- Pull small bits of dough, roll them gently into balls, and place them into the sugar mixture. Do this in batches to keep the dough from sticking together.
- Repeat until all of the dough is coated in the sugar.
- If possible, simply reuse the pan your frozen bread was thawing in. Give it a fresh coat of cooking spray. A loaf pan or 8 by 8 pan works great.
- Pour the coated bread and leftover sugar mixture into the pan and gently spread it out evenly.
- In the same bowl mix the melted butter, pumpkin pie filling, and heavy cream together. Pour over the coated bread. You can spread it on top (like I did) or gently stir the bread to coat each piece and distribute it throughout.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the bread is golden and the pumpkin pie filling mixture is dry.
- To serve, scoop and flip it over so the filling is on the bottom of the plate. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and coffee!