This Christmas Bread Sharing Wreath is sponsored by Rhodes Bake N Serve, one of our favorite brands. The recipe and all opinions are mine.
An easy and charming bread wreath made out of only 5 easy to find ingredients! Perfect for sharing at holiday parties! Use pesto, fresh rosemary, and tomatoes for that Christmas Wreath look!
I KNOW! Isn't that bread wreath super clever. You should be adding this to your holiday menu, shouldn't you. It looks so crazy pretty but isn't hard to make...at all!
The ingredients are easy to find and there are only 5 of them! FOUR. Bread dough, pesto, rosemary, olive oil, and cherry tomatoes. You got that! You know where to find all of those items!!
Can I use something besides frozen bread dough?
Yes, of course. The idea is that whatever you use will bake itself into a ring shape. Using dough is ideal because you can control the form the shape takes. But you can certainly get ready to bake roll dough (Rhodes has some yummy ones-look for Rhodes Bake N Serv Frozen White Dinner Rolls!) and try that method.
Variations to try for this sharing bread wreath:
- Change up the pestos.
- Add baby spinach between the rolls.
- Cheese! Parmesan cheese would be lovely!
- Add olives, artichokes, pepperoni, etc.
- Change the shape! Try a Christmas tree, bell, or snowman.
- Serve with marinara sauce, spinach dip, or flavored butter.
But, I mean...this easy bread wreath just screams Christmas sharing, doesn't it!! I plan on bringing one of these to every. single. Christmas party this year. So gorgeous, so easy to serve, so easy to make ahead, and all the things!
Can I make this bread wreath in advance?
Absolutely! Just like any homemade bread, this wreath can be made in advance and stored. Wrap it in saran wrap and keep it in a cool, dry location for only a day or so. Be mindful of the ingredients you use, however, to determine if it will need to be placed in the fridge.
To serve, pop it into the oven to warm (not necessary but really recommended!) for about 10 minutes at 350 or 20 minutes at 250.
Christmas Bread Sharing Wreath
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pesto use your favorite GREEN kind
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 20 cherry or grape tomatoes 20 is an estimate, use what looks right to you.
- Allow the bread dough to rise to double its size.
- Form 24 small balls of dough.
- Roll the balls in olive oil and form in a wreath shape on a baking sheet or several layers of aluminum foil with 1 circle of 10 balls and another adjoining circle of 14 balls.
- If desired, top with sea salt.
- Place a glass filled with hot water and covered in olive oil into the center of the wreath. Cover the glass and rolls with plastic wrap and then a dish cloth.
- Allow to proof until double in size...about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush the dough with the pesto.
- Tuck in the fresh rosemary sprigs and tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is a deep golden color.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Optional, serve with dip or hummus in the center of the wreath.