The FTC wants a disclosure on blogs. So, here you go. If you read this blog than this is happening:
- I make money from this blog through ads, sponsorship, and other means. If I don’t make money on something…shame on me.
- If you see a link leading outside of this blog, it’s probably paid for. Because, let’s face it…why else would I lead you outside my own blog?
- Yes, that product I told you about and said you should get I got for free. Ummm, yes. I don’t tell you about great product unless it’s free for me. Usually. That doesn’t make it any less awesome.
- Even my Facebook status’ and Twitter tweets may be making me money. Most don’t. But, some do. Put it this way…if I talk about another company, then chances are very good I got paid. Otherwise, I’d be talking about NellieBellie. Just saying.
- If you comment on my blog, Facebook status, or reply to a Tweet then don’t be surprised to see it on my blog or other public posting. Just warning you. Most always I am kind and use it in a great way. But, maybe I hate your guts and will use it to embarrass you. You’ve been warned.
- You might pay me to Facebook, tweet, or review your product. This does not guarantee it will be in a positive light for you. I will do my best to communicate with you my thoughts of your product prior to posting. If I don’t like your product you can decide if you still want me to post. No, I will not return or pay for your product. Just make it better next time.
There, I did a disclosure policy. I followed the rules. Let’s go back to being happy and best friends…shall we!
The more official version…if you want to be bored:
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
NellieBellie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.