Technically this is the second post of the day. I should be waiting until tomorrow to post it like a proper, good blogger person. Funny that…I don’t follow rules well. So, tonight it is. I’m just so dang excited about these little drinks I can’t stand waiting. I have to put this lemon drop recipe up for you to see…NOW! Then I can go snag another one out of my freezer and cheer myself, my hardwork, and lack of patience. Yes, I will cheer my lack of patience. Sometimes lack of patience is a good thing. Excitement is good!
I get that patience is important. But sometimes, just sometimes…isn’t it a good thing to be impulsive? To do that thing that makes you happy and smile…for no reason other than you want to? We think so.
Gosh, I’m babbling tonight. This little drink is easy to make, you all probably know it already. But, the special little tip I have is lemons. Really, you say with a little attitude…lemons? Well duh, lemon drops have lemons. But, let’s take it a step further than just lemons IN the drink and let’s put our drink IN the lemons. WHOA! It’s sooo stinking cute that I just can’t stand it! And, I swear they are the perfect size for lemon drop “shots”. I adore these little guys!
- lemons and limes are great for serving “shots” in!
- use egg holders or mini cupcake tins to set them in so they don’t tip
- coconuts work great for pina colada’s
- have you thought about cutting a watermelon in half and serving punch in it? yep!
Ingredients for Lemon Drop Recipe:
- Lemons (I used 6 for 12 lemon drops)
- Vodka (about 1/2 cup or so?)
- Sugar (a tsp per lemon half…about)
Directions for Lemon Drop Recipe:
- Slice the lemons in half and squeeze the juice out of them into a container (tip, roll them on a table prior to cutting to make that juice flow!)
- Use a spoon (or I use my hands…faster!) to take out the insides of the lemon. Set aside.
- Mix the lemon juice you squeezed with equal part vodka. (So, 1/2 a cup of lemon juice would be 1/2 a cup of vodka. 1/4 cup juice, 1/4 cup vodka…etc.)
- Set your empty lemons inside of egg holders or mini muffin tins so they sit up nicely for you.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar inside each lemon (or more, depending on your tastes).
- Pour your lemon juice/vodka into each lemon (if this difficult to pour cleanly simply use a spoon to scoop it into the lemons)
- Set into the freezer until ready to serve.
May you go forth and throw fantastic parties with little baby lemon drops that stop your guests in their tracks from their awesomeness!!! Throw in some homemade drink umbrella’s and gosh darn…that is some serious stuff!
fruit and veggies are great, unique serving dishes! Use the insides for your recipe and the outsides for serving!
If you make these little guys, we want to know!! We are so excited for you all to try out this lemon drop recipe. They just make you smile to look at them!
If you are like us and always on the hunt for great summer beverages why don’t you think about following our Beverages Pinterest board?
No, scratch that…don’t think. Do!