Discover the creamy, cheesy, and speedy goodness of this green olive dip! It’s a fantastic 3-ingredient appetizer, perfect for busy moms looking for a quick and tasty snack. With minimal effort, you can create a delicious dip that will satisfy your cravings.
If you love olives, try making my olive tapenade. Easy to make and utterly delicious on toasted bread or crackers!
Other easy dips you’ll want to try:
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Cucumber Dill Yogurt Dip
- Dill Pickle Dip with Ham
- the Easiest Sausage Queso Dip (slow-cooker)
- easy Shrimp Dip
- Hot Walleye Dip recipe
Ever since I was small I have loved olives. And, my love isn’t specific to black or green as many olive-lovers are. I love them both. Perhaps it has something to do with my need to eat foods rich in vitamin E (olives have a good amount!). It might just be because they taste good.
As a child, I could easily eat an entire can of olives in one sitting. I HATED salads at restaurants but would order them anyways JUST to get to the olives that often came in them. My daughter, as a child, was the same way. To this day I keep at least one can of black olives in the pantry in case of an “olive emergency”.
FOR KIDS: If your child hasn’t yet discovered the fun of putting olives on their fingers…introduce them! Even if they have, join in the fun of playing with your food!
Did you know: there is actually more than just green and black olives? There are several types, all with different flavors. For a fun appetizer, serve multiple kinds of olives with toothpicks.
Olive Dip Key Ingredients:
- Green Olives. I prefer green olives but black olives work well, if you prefer.
- Cream Cheese. This makes this dip so creamy and tasty.
- Mayonnaise. You can sub sour cream or Miracle Whip, if you prefer.
Can I make this olive dip without mayo?
Give sour cream a try! Sour cream doesn’t have the same zip of taste but you will still find this dip tasty.
Olive Dip Instructions:
- With a fork mix the cream cheese and mayo together.
- Stir in olives and any other ingredients.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
Try spreading this dip on bread and popping it into the oven to melt and toast. Soooo salty, cheesy, and good!
This green olive dip is one of our faves because of how fast and easy it is. It is a great dip base to throw in additional ingredients if you would like to use them, although we usually make up this basic version, grab a stack of crackers, and sit for afternoon meetings chowing on olive dip and crackers. Yum!
In the fridge (recommended):
- Let your freshly made olive dip cool to room temperature. This step is important for both safety and maintaining its delicious flavor. Just give it some time to reach a comfortable temperature.
- Transfer your dip into a clean and airtight container.
- Seal the container tightly and place it in the refrigerator. Don’t forget to label the container with the date so you know when you made it…at least I need to!
That’s all there is to it! Your olive dip is now safely stored in the fridge, ready to be enjoyed whenever you’re in the mood. Just remember to finish it within 3-5 days and give it a quick sniff and check for any changes before eating. Happy dipping!
To freeze olive dip:
- Seal the container tightly or remove excess air from the freezer bag, then label it with the date. Place the container in the freezer, where it will stay icy and preserved until you’re ready to enjoy it.
Remember, frozen olive dip may experience slight texture changes upon thawing, but it should still be delicious. To thaw, transfer the container to the refrigerator and allow it to thaw overnight. Give it a gentle stir after thawing to remix any separated ingredients.
Your frozen olive dip can be stored for 1-2 months for the best taste and quality.
This dip tastes amazing, as is. But I think you should try some of my favorite add-ins for an extra flavor bump.
Add ins to try in your olive dip:
- Worcestershire sauce
- minced garlic
- anchovy paste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- lemon juice
- minced onion
- finely chopped red pepper
- chopped green onions
- chopped artichokes
- smoked paprika
3 ingredient olive dip
- 1 8 oz package soft cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 9 oz (or so) green olives with pimentos, chopped.(Look for the Olives from Spain logo to ensure high quality)
-chopped green onions
-minced garlic Note: a bit of Worstershire or Lemon juice can add a good boost of flavor to this dip. And, of course, salt & pepper as desired.