As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
A delicious salad bursting with fresh green peas and crisp bacon and topped with a lovely, creamy dressing. Like our cauliflower salad, this pea salad recipe will be your family’s favorite picnic salad!
This salad is cr-az-y easy to make and serve! Frozen peas keep this fast and easy and this salad is perfectly suited to customize to your family’s faves.
Easy peasy ingredients that most everyone has in their kitchen, right now.
Ingredient swaps to try in this recipe:
- Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
- Honey instead of sugar.
- Jicama or apple instead of water chestnuts.
- Grilled chicken instead of bacon.
- Try adding raisins, dried cranberries, or even walnuts.
- Croutons or chow mien noodles instead of tortilla strips.
Isn’t that just the best looking Spring salad! You’ll love this salad’s bright and fresh flavor. The bites have crunch, creamy, and salty all in one single bite.
Absolute salad perfection!
This salad WANTS you to make it up and serve it immediately. It doesn’t require any time in the fridge chilling out. Nope, it’s good to go right away.
But, let’s say that you want to make this up and go do your makeup. Or make some cookies. Or binge something on Netflix.
Cool, it’ll hang out in the fridge just fine!
Sooo easy, delicious, fresh, and nutritious. You’ll love this recipe and it will quickly become your favorite picnic go-to recipe!
Crunchy Pea Salad
- 1 16 ounce bag of frozen peas
- 1 6 – 8 ounce package of fresh pea pods optional
- 1 small can of sliced water chestnuts – drained
- 4 stalks of celery – washed and sliced
- 1 small sweet onion – peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of crumbled bacon – 8 slices
- 1 15 – 16 ounce package of crunchy tortilla strips usually found with the salad toppings
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 cups of Miracle whip
- 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of seasoned pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- In a large serving bowl, combine the frozen peas, fresh pea pods, water chestnuts, celery, onion, cheese, and bacon. Stir all together, and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the Miracle Whip, rice wine vinegar, sour cream, sugar, honey Dijon mustard, garlic, seasoned pepper, and salt, and blend until well mixed.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss with two large spoons to coat all salad ingredients.
- If serving immediately, add tortilla strips to salad. If making ahead; cover bowl, and place in refrigerator until time to serve. Remove from refrigerator when ready to serve, and give the salad a good stir to make sure dressing is well blended. Add tortilla strips to salad just before serving.
Other salad recipes you’ll love!
Cauliflower “Potato Salad”— this salad uses cauliflower instead of potato but you won’t even notice! It is that good! Srsly, give it a try.
All the flavor deviled eggs and potato salad smooshed into one delicious salad! You’ll love this Deviled Egg Potato Salad.
You would NOT believe how good fresh watermelon and onion taste together. This simple Watermelon Red Onion Salad is amazing and crazy easy!