A delicious and easy dill pickle dip recipe with ham made with creamy cream cheese and salty pickles…the perfect appetizer!
Like our favorite 3 ingredient dip, Olive dip, this dip recipe mixes salt and cream together for the perfect bite. The ingredients are ones you will usually have on hand allowing you to mix this dip up whenever you are looking for a quick appetizer.
- Dill Pickles. Use whatever brand you prefer and chop them as small as you would like. I like my pickles fairly chunky but my kids like them quite small. If you like them small you could try using a dill relish to make this recipe even faster.
- Ranch Dressing Mix. Using ranch dressing mix is the fastest and easiest way to add all your spices at one time. I always keep a packet of mix on hand for all sorts of tasty uses!
- Cream Cheese. You can try to sub sour cream or yogurt and it WILL work but you will get a different sort of dip altogether. Cream cheese is need for the creamy and tangy flavor.
- Green Onions. Green onions provide a nice flavor and color to this dip. You can leave them out if you are looking for additional speed.
- Chopped Ham. Ham is totally optional, the dip is good without it. BUT…adding ham gives this dip the same flavor as your favorite ham roll-up appetizers. SOO GOOD! This recipe is a great way to use up leftover ham!
To Make Dill Pickle Dip with Ham:
Prep: Chop your pickles, ham, and green onions into small pieces. In a small bowl, mix the softened cream cheese with the ranch dressing mix being sure to give yourself enough room for the chopped ham & veggies.
Combine: Stir together the chopped ham & veggies and the cream cheese mixture, stir well.
Chill: For the best flavor, chill this dip for a few hours to give the ingredients a chance to meld and mix together. You CAN eat it right away, if needed or you forgot to make it ahead of time. It will still be tasty.
Dill Pickle Dip with ham
- 16 ounces 2 packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 cup dill pickles chopped
- 1 cup deli ham chopped
- 1 green onion diced
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and dry ranch dressing mix until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped pickles, ham, and green onions.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or cut vegetables.