This is a simple and easy dip recipe for a cold Cucumber Dill dip made with Greek Yogurt, sour cream, and fresh dill.A dip you’ll make again and again in the summer when cucumbers and fresh dill are readily available.
Is there a dip that is better suited for the summer than a creamy, cool fresh Cucumber and Dill dip?
No, just say no. There really isn’t.
When the farmer’s markets get going in high gear it seems they multiply cucumbers right before your eyes. Like, how can there be so many!?! And fresh dill. I ADORE the fresh herb stand with her mile high piles of herbs.
So…dill. I have this weird thing with dill. I think it’s ugly and a bit awkward. I rarely find a use for dill and so I only grow it long enough to grab a bit here or there and then let it go to seed.
I mean, I WANT to like it. But really, it doesn’t hold up to my favorites of basil and thyme.
Except in this dip. In this dip I want to marry dill. In this dip I understand why dill was created.
Dill and Greek yogurt. And cucumbers. They are just the perfect way to spend a summer evening.
Out on the back porch with a gin and tonic, chips and Cucumber Dill Yogurt Dip, and a puppy at our feet. Glorious!
- This dip uses a base of 1 part sour cream and 1 part Greek yogurt to 2 parts diced cucumber. You could make it more rich and similar to the deli variety by subbing cream cheese and mayonnaise, instead. Simply whip the cream cheese first and the add the remaining ingredients.
- Try using fresh garlic and a bit of chopped green onion for a bit of an amped up flavor.
- Instead of the spices, use a package of ranch dressing dry mix.
- A shot of hot sauce can be amazing!
- Substitute eggplant, zucchini, or tomatoes for some of the cucumber.
Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt Dip
an easy, creamy, and cool dip made from Greek yogurt, cucumber, and fresh dill.
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber let stand in a colander for about 15 minutes to get some of the liquid out
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch of fresh dill finely chopped. (about 1/2 cup)
- Stir together the sour cream and yogurt.
- Add the cucumber and spices.
- Gently stir in the dill.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Other dips recipes you should try: