Oh, My, Goodness!! This was so fast and easy. And the homemade whipped butter I made was A-Maz-Ing!! seriously. Perfect for crackers, bagels, and toast!
We made whipped butter in 10 minutes! And, I know that the next time we have company I’ll be making a small batch of butter for homemade bread. Geesh. Love it! Who wouldn’t? This is like super woman stuff! We all love being able to eat delicious, homemade food that doesn’t take forever…don’t we!?
- softened butter
- milk, water, or olive oil
- stand or electric mixer
How to Make Whipped Butter:
- Whip the softened butter and milk or olive oil on low speed for about 1 minute with the stand mixer and 2 with a hand mixer.
- Turn up the speed and whip and additional 2-4 minutes until the butter is creamy.
- Stir in any additional ingredients.
- Be sure your bowl isn’t too large for the amount of cream you use.
- Scrape the bowl with a spatula often while the butter is being made.
- If you like, make a large batch and divide it into different flavors.
- Many add-ins will work best if you stir them in gently after the butter is finished.
- I haven’t tried the blender method but, it seems like it would work. If you’ve tried it…let me know!
Honey whipped butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tab. honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Whip butter and milk until creamy
- Stir in honey.
- Add a wee bit of honey to the top of the butter after put in container.
My absolute favorite is the cracked pepper and salt butter. I can’t believe how amazing it is!! I went to my local health food store and bought peppercorns and sea salt and ground it myself in my coffee grinder. Seriously amazing!!
Enough talking, I need to go slice my homemade bread and have a snack! Or, let’s be real…I might just pick up fancy bread at the store and pretend it’s homemade.
Cinnnamon Toast whipped butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tsp. sugar
- Whip butter and milk until creamy.
- Stir in cinnamon and sugar.
- Add additional cinnamon and sugar until desired taste.
Other homemade condiments to try:
How to store whipped butter.
- Store your whipped butter in a tightly closed container for
- The butter gets harder and harder as it sits. Try to use it within a few days but it will stay stable for about a week.