This garlic white pizza sauce is full of creamy, garlic flavor and is impossibly easy to make! Perfect white sauce for pizza night. Top it with spinach and artichoke (or your fave toppings!). Better than Papa Murphy's creamy white garlic pizza sauce recipe, if I don't say so myself!
If you are looking for traditional pizza sauce, try this BEST pizza sauce recipe.
Mmmmm, nothing but creamy, garlic goodness on top of a perfect pizza crust!
The most important part of making a good gourmet pizza is finding the right sauce. And this is the right sauce! (full recipe for the sauce at the end of the post).
What are the ingredients for white pizza sauce?
Nothing but simple ingredients easy to find in your pantry or fridge.
- Olive oil. You can use butter, if you like, for a richer flavor.
- Garlic. I've taken the time to make roasted garlic for this and it is delicious but not necessary.
- salt & pepper
- Flour. Use all purpose flour or gluten-free flour. Both work great.
- Heavy cream, half & half, or milk ( I have successfully used cashew milk)
- optional, herbs. I like to use fresh herbs in this as often as I can but dried spices work great and the recipe is written with that in mind. Basil and oregano work the best, I think.
How to make White Pizza Sauce:
Start this recipe by heating olive oil and fresh garlic in a frying pan or small saucepan on medium heat. When the garlic starts smelling amazing you're going to add a bit of milk to that mixture and whisk to create a roux. If you like, add herbs to the sauce, by taste.
Store leftovers in an airtight container like a jar or rubbermaid.
What is the difference between red and white pizza?
Red pizza is typically made with tomato sauce and white pizza is not. That is the simple answer.
Don't miss my cast iron deep dish pizza....SOO great. Try swapping the red sauce for this white sauce!
To use this recipe for a white sauce pizza:
After you finish mixing the sauce, you simply added it to a pizza crust and then put on your normal pizza toppings. The type of pizza crust doesn't matter.
Cook your pizza according to the directions on your crust. If you prefer a super crispy crust try baking the crust for 4-5 minutes before adding your topping.
It is a rare evening that I'll find enough time to make a pizza dough from scratch. I love them but usually pull out a Trader Joe's dough or even a roll-out version. Honestly, they are all good.
Can I make this white pizza sauce dairy-free?
I have had success with cashew milk in this recipe. It isn't the same, to be warned...but it IS good!
What is white pizza made of?
White pizza is typically made of anything that is...white. Often a dairy based sauce (like this one is), white cheeses, and toppings like chicken, artichoke, and garlic.
Hello, glorious pizza! No need to go anywhere or get something delivered. Not when you can make something that looks this good with so little effort.
Some other ideas for white pizza toppings:
- roasted potato and rosemary
- prosciutto and arugula
- spinach and mushroom
- sausage, caramelized onions and arugula
- bacon, artichokes and balsamic
Note: amp up this sauce by adding a cup of Parmesan cheese at the very end.
Garlic White Pizza Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups half & half milk works fine, too
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add the garlic and heat for about 3 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the flour (start with 2 tablespoons), oregano, pepper, and salt. Whisk well.
- Add the half & half all at once, whisking constantly. Cook and stir until bubbly and until thickened (usually about 3 minutes)