I need fast, easy, and adorable in my life! (ha…that sounds like what my husband calls me!. Okay, I’ll stop. *giggle*) These cupcakes are all three. Perfect for those days when you need to look like a mini Martha Stewart but have zero time. zilch. NellieBellie to the rescue!
No, I didn’t make mine by scratch. I bought 4 of our faves…pre-made. Why? Because we didn’t need two dozen cupcakes. 4 fabulous cupcakes was just enough. But, by all means… you can make your cupcakes by scratch. Especially if you need to make a batch for school. But, don’t feel bad about buying them premade…it’s perfectly fine.
Supplies you’ll need:
- green gumdrops, fruit slices, or some sort of candy. (I show 8 of these…I actually only used 2)
- caramels or tootsie rolls for the stem (1 caramel makes 2 stems, 1 tootsie roll makes 1 stem)
- red sprinkles, sugar, or frosting
- cupcake liners (if using pre-made cupcakes)
- Roll the top of the cupcakes in the sugar (if you use pre-made cupcakes you’ll need to scrape off some of that ridiculous amount of frosting off the top!)
- Cut the caramel in half and roll gently in between your hands to smooth it out. Squish into center of cupcake.
- Form a leaf from the gumdrop (no, there isn’t more instructions. Just smoosh that green candy until it resembles a leaf). Smoosh it along side the stem.
- If using pre-made cupcakes I like to put the cupcake into a new liner. It just looks better.
Do you like cupcakes as much as I do? Well then, I have the granddaddy list of cupcake recipes!! These are sure to float your boat!
From NB’s friends:
3 Ingredient Cherry Cupcakes
5 Ingredient Pumpkin Cupcakes
Apple Pie Cupcakes with Salted Caramel frosting
Banana Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese frosting
Black and White Vintage Cakes
Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes
Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel frosting
Caramel Toffee Cupcake
Chocolate Avacado Vegan Cupcakes with Avacado Buttercream frosting
Chocolate Coffee Cupcakes
Chocolate Marshmallow Middle Cupcakes
Chocolate Sauerkraut Cupcakes
Chocolate Toffee Cupcakes with Toffee Buttercream frosting
Dark & Stormy Cupcakes
Double Chocolate Cupcake
Dr. Seuss Birthday treats
Easy Pumpkin Cinnamon Cupcakes
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberry frosting
Gluten-free Carrot Cupcakes
Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes with Dolce
Mexican Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes
Monsters University Push-Pop Cupcakes
Nibby Cream Cheese Brownie Cupcakes
On Top of Ole Cupcake
Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
Orange Cream-filled Cupcakes
Oz Inspired Cupcake
Peach Cobbler Cupcakes
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Pie Cupcake
Pumpkin Praline Cupcakes
Raspberry-filled White Chocolate Buttercream Cupcakes
Starbucks Mocha Cupcake
Time Saver Carrot Cupcakes
Vegan Caramel Vanilla Cupcakes for five
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes for Two
Wild Kratts party jungle animal cupcakes
Seriously, if you can’t find your next favorite cupcake in that bunch of great recipes…our relationship isn’t going to work.