Cakes & Cupcakes
Homemade Cakes and Cupcakes are my love.
You might have heard me say...
A good piece of chocolate cake enjoyed with others can solve world peace
And then, if you question that...I'd serve you my chocolate cake and make a believer of you.
Anyhoo, many of these cake and cupcake recipes are reminiscent of recipes that were made generations ago. I ADORE vintage cake recipes. With a giant ADORE.
You'll be making cakes from scratch for weeks. Just be sure to share, will you?
A few quick tips if you are making a homemade cake this weekend:
- Make sure your eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla are at room temp. This really does give the best results. IF you don’t have the time…you can totally stick the eggs in a bowl of lukewarm water for a while. It will help.
- Spend extra time whipping your butter and sugar together. Makes for a light and fluffy cake!
- Instead of using flour for your cake pans when making a chocolate cake…use cocoa. I KNOW, totally cool.
- Try to be precise with your measurements. Too much sugar gets cracky edges (is that a thing ) and too much flour will get a cracked top.
- When you pour your batter in the pan, give the pan a couple drops on the counter to spread it out and help remove air pockets.