As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
This is a crazy easy cake to make! Using only 3 ingredients (strawberry or white dry cake mix, canned strawberries, and butter) and a crock pot…this cake is as delicious as it is easy!
Have you ever tried a slow cooker dessert? Oh em gee…you totally need to! And start with this one! This crockpot cake is one of my favorite desserts to make for busy days or when we are having a casual dinner. It’s so easy to make it up in advance and not use any oven space or additional dishes.
PLUS! On hot summer days, you don’t have to turn on the oven. That, my friends, is a major reason I heavily use my crock pot in the summer ( I have a large oval 6 quart that I love )
This cake uses a white dry cake mix but you could totally try a strawberry cake mix for that EXTRA strawberry flavor. Using the cake mix and butter combo is just so dang easy and makes for a decadent cake.
I prefer to use a good brand of strawberry pie filling. Not that this cake is healthy…far from it. Using a good cake mix and pie filling just makes it taste better. And with only 3 ingredients, why not grab the best version you can?
This is a FaNTASTIC cake for kids to make. It has just the right amount of mixing and dumping without any burning possibilities. There isn’t even any measuring. Just yummy cake mixing.
I would recommend serving this with a dollop of homemade whipped cream or some vanilla ice cream.
To change the flavor simply swap out the pie filling. So, a blackberry dump cake would use a blackberry pie filling, a cherry dump cake would use a cherry pie filling, and so on. You get the idea.
Try adding a can of pineapple tidbits to the top, at the latter part of the baking. This gives it a tropical taste. I like to top that version with whipped cream and slivered almonds…almost like a Pina Colada. Yum!
Slow Cooker Strawberry Dump Cake
- 2 21 oz. cans strawberry pie filling
- 1 16.25 oz. box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- Lightly grease the inside of a slow cooker with baking spray. (mine is a 6-quart oval)
- Pour strawberry filling into the slow cooker and spread into an even layer.
- Combine white cake mix and butter in a medium bowl and stir until mixture resembled crumbs.
- Add mixture to slow cooker and spread into an even layer.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, reduce heat to LOW and cook for an additional 4 hours.