(We have been getting comments about this Whopper Chex Muddy Buddies being a gooey mess. So we put it in bold and are mentioning it again...don't put the Whoppers and last of the chocolate chips in until the mixture has cooled!)
Chex Mix is a classic. Puppy chow is also a classic. This Whopper Chex Mix capitalizes on those classics...and makes them even better! Whoppers, marshmallows, chocolate...a few of my favorite things. All smooshed up into one great snack. Always great for parties and movie night. Especially football parties. And anything with Whoppers is better. It's basically a chex muddy buddies...but even better!
Now, I understand some of you don't like Whoppers. Something about how eating Whoppers feels like biting into chalk. Frankly, I think you are crazy. Chalk doesn't taste that delicious! It's just doesn't. But, hey... there are plenty of other fabulous Chex mix versions out there just for you! Not this one.
This recipe is for the Whopper aficionado's out there, you lovely people...you! You lovely, smart, clever, and wise people! You know who you are. Finally, a recipe created just for you!
Whopper Chex Muddy Buddies Ingredients:
- 1 box Chocolate Chex
- 1 box Vanilla Chex
- 2 bags chocolate chips (we recommend not using Nestle. They have horrible ethics! Seriously.)
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1 large container of Whoppers
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup malted milk powder.
Makes: a lot. Giant amount.
How to make Whopper Chex Muddy Buddies:
- Melt the stick of butter and 1 bag of chocolate chips together on the stove. Quickly whisk in the malted milk powder.
- Moving quickly, mix the melted chocolate mixture together with the Chex cereal. Use a large closeable container (or...fake it by taping down aluminum foil as a cover).
- Mix in marshmallows.
- Let it cool a bit and mix in Whoppers and chocolate chips. And by a bit, The Bellie wants me to make sure you know you should cool it completely. And then put in the Whoppers. The point is to keep the chocolatey goodness from melting into the other goodness. So...you can cool it completely. That's probably a better plan...but I'm not that patient!
- Store in an air-tight container (soggy Whoppers are not good!)
Other Chex Mix variations to try:
- Candy Corn.
Use white chocolate instead of milk, use m & m's, and candy corn instead of whoppers or marshmallows.
- Cheesy Bacon.
Add cheeze-its and bacon bits to your chex mix. Nix the chocolate and milk powder.
Use chopped Snickers instead of Whoppers, and drizzle caramel on the whole shebang.
- Better than Sex.
Use mini peanut butter cups instead of Whoppers. Drizzle melted caramel bits (or caramel topping) on the whole shebang. Or...try this recipe.
More great chocolatey goodness:
You might also really enjoy eating this with a great cup of coffee:
If you haven't finished your Christmas shopping yet, head over and take a look at our new book. It is free to Kindle unlimited users, and is filled with great, unique, and simple gift ideas for the people you love. Go here to check it out.