Better Than Sex Cupcakes? Not cake???
Yep. Don’t get us wrong…we love Better Than Sex Cake…but we wanted to try something new. And we wanted it to include coconut. And not have chocolate cake. Don’t ask us why. That’s just how we felt. So we created these Almond Joy Better than Sex Cupcakes.
And they’re pretty dang phenomenal.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Find our full disclosure here.
- white cake mix (and ingredients to make the cake)
- sweetened condensed milk (we used 1 can for 12 cupcakes)
- coconut creme (1 bottle is more than enough!)
- coconut flakes
- almond slivers
- hot fudge sauce
- Cool Whip
- Bake cupcakes according to directions and let them cool.
- Using a chopstick or knife, poke holes all over the cupcakes. They should go all the way to the bottom.
- Mix equal parts coconut creme and sweetened condensed milk together. Spoon the mixture on top of each cupcakes, allowing it to soak in. You’ll probably have to do this several times and allow time in-between each coat for the mixture to soak into the cake.
- Spread hot fudge sauce on top (tip: heat it first so it pours well!).
- Place a healthy dollop of Cool Whip on top.
- Sprinkle with almond slivers and coconut shavings. (You could also put the coconut on right after the fudge sauce if you want to.)
Yes, they did take a few more ingredients than we’d normally use…but it was worth it. These were coconuty, rich, and fabulous. You don’t actually need the candy bar… unless you’re like us and needed something to snack on while you cooked. Then you do :) Oh, and you will also want Cool Whip.
The key to these Better than Sex Cupcakes recipe is to mix the sweetened condensed milk and the coconut creme together before pouring it into the holes of your poke cake. The coconut creme we found with the mixers at our local Cub…you could probably find it in a liquor store as well.
After the sweetened condensed mixture soaks into the holes of the cupcakes, you can put the hot fudge right on top. It spreads on really easily!