As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
So…Nellie and I were chatting a couple weeks ago about party themes. And we realized that most of our ideas are for kid parties, not adult parties. So we started brainstorming what party themes would work well for adults, and jokingly came up with a ton of 50 shades of gray party ideas. And then after thinking about it a bit more…we realized we actually wanted to plan one. Because it sounded like fun. And the movie is coming out sometime soon. And you all might find it fun to host one yourselves. Maybe???
So we’ve got our best 50 shades of grey party ideas that we’d love to share with you!
50 Shades of Grey party ideas for decorations:
- go classy with candles and wine glasses and cleverly folded napkins
- use silver ribbons
- chandeliers and candelabras are great touches
- obviously…use grey
- white dishes are a perfect compliment to all the grey
- if you have newspaper or old books, find ways to incorporate those
- wrap silverware in grey, black, or striped napkins
- use silver or red flowers, or get a grey plant (do you see ours in the back?)
- find places to utilize men’s ties
For a less classy version…there’s a lot more options. Use your imagination to come up with those ;)
For a great 50 Shades of Grey party, pay attention to the details! The little things are going to make all the difference.
50 Shades of Grey party ideas for food:
- Better than Sex Cake or cupcakes
- Cherries (isn’t our sign adorable! And inappropriate!)
- wine or champagne
- strawberries and whipped cream
- dirty-named drinks, like Slippery Nipple, Blow Job, Sex-on-the-beach…you get the idea
- Seafood like mussels and clams…they’re grey…
- Stuffed mushrooms
If you’re looking for other adult party themes, try our beer tasting party. And for something kids can enjoy, a hot dog tasting party is an awesome idea! And, of course you can’t go wrong with a Alice in Wonderland Tea party for girls!