A fun, adorable twist on traditional Rice Krispie treats with the classic or my 3 ingredient version and a fun, delicious, cherry icing. Kids love creating these “donuts” and covering them in sprinkles. Great for snacks, parties, and just because!
Do you love the idea of using Rice Krispie treats in a fun way? Check out my Rice Krispie cars. Totally adorable and totally fun for kids!
National Donut Day comes around the first part of June and I can’t let the day pass without honoring it.
However, it has been hot and sticky here in MN and I’m not feeling like turning on my stove or deep fryer. In fact, I’m thinking on how to create grilled donuts :).
Besides…gluten. Avoiding gluten means avoiding donuts. Darn it, no matter what they say I still haven’t found a great gluten-free donut recipe. If you have, share it with me please!
For Dairy-Free (without butter) Classic Rice Krispie Treats: 1 12-oz box of Rice Krispie Cereal, 2 bags of miniature marshmallows, 1/2 cup canola oil or coconut oil
Enter…Rice Krispie treat “donuts”.
Rice Krispies are gluten-free and don’t require me to turn on the oven. PERFECT! Such a classic treat that all ages love!
Besides, these are so stinking cute & adorable. I MEAN, I want to have a donut party just to serve these up! So cute.
Tips for making Rice Krispie donuts:
- let the Rice Krispies cool a bit before shaping. That way you won’t burn your hands.
- keep your hands buttered or wet so they don’t stick. Oh, and if you’re using spray oil, wipe down the bottle after you finish or you’ll end up with hands covered in grease.
- work quickly before the Rice Krispies cool and become difficult to shape.
For the classic Rice Krispie Treat Recipe visit: ricekrispies.com/en_US/recipes/the-original-treats-recipe
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Rice Krispie treats
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 5 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup peanuts optional!
- Melt the peanut butter, mix in marshmallows.
- Melt the mixture until smooth.
- Add in the cereal and peanuts, stirring until combined.
- Press into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Let cool, then enjoy.
Also, greasing your pot/bowl before putting your peanut butter in will help prevent sticking.