This air fryer pretzel and chocolate chunk cookies recipe is the perfect cookie to enjoy with a glass of milk! Easy and quick to prepare, you’ll fall in love with the crispiness of the outside and gooey inside.
I keep a bag of these frozen cookie dough balls in the freezer (no need to bring them to room temperature first!) to pull out and pop into the air fryer whenever someone wants a sweet treat. My husband appreciates being able to make these up quickly!
Even better is that you won’t have to turn on your oven to bake up a small batch of these perfectly ooey and chewy cookies! Perfect for when you are hankering for your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and don’t want to turn on the oven.
Other Air-Fryer recipes to try:
- Air Fryer Ground Beef Wellington
- Air Fryer Homemade Granola
- Air Fryer DoughBoys (fried bread dough)
- Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Chocolate Chunks. Chocolate chips or white chocolate chips work great, too!
- Butter, Sugar, Flour –> usual cookie baking ingredients.
Optional: Pecans, walnuts, oats (try mixing in about 1/2 cup), and even raisins.
Instructions for air fryer cookies:
- Beat the sugars, butter and extract together.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and large eggs.
- Stir the chocolate and pretzels in.
- Air Fry in the air fryer basket lined with parchment paper until they are golden brown.
- Let sit for several minutes before moving from the pan. ❗️IMPORTANT❗️
Note: cook times will vary slightly depending on your air fryer.
The college kid comes home from school without warning, walks into the house, plops on the island, and asks if I have anything “good to eat”.
I hear my grandma’s voice saying “everything that comes out of my kitchen is good to eat”. But I know what he is asking…do I have any warm, sweet cookies?
I keep a bag of cookie dough balls in the freezer for exactly this reason. By the time he is done telling me about his day and remembers he wanted a treat…those cookies have been baked up in the air fryer and are ready.
Honestly, these little balls of dough are truly a lifesaver. Great for sweet treat cravings, college kid visits, and when there are only 2 of you at home to consume the treats.
Pretzel & Chocolate Chunk Air Fryer Cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter room temp
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Tsp Sea Salt divided
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 6 ounces chocolate chunks ½ a 12oz bag
- 1/2 cup chopped Pretzels
- In a large bowl, add Butter, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, 1 Tsp of Sea Salt, and Vanilla Extract.
- Using a hand mixer beat together for a few minutes.
- Add Flour, Baking Soda, and Egg.
- Mix until everything is completely blended and there are no lumps.
- Next, use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chunks and Pretzels.
- Use a cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons each) to form balls about 1.5 inch in diameter. Set them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 15 minutes and then store in an air-tight freezer bag in the freezer until ready to bake.
- If baking immediately…
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350 degrees
- When preheated, add a piece of parchment paper to the Air Fryer rack that is small enough to let air come in around all the sides. Add the cookie balls on top. (It seems that some Air Fryers move the cookie balls around a bit and cause them to get a bit mangled. To help stop this, try pressing your cookies a bit flat on the bottom of your cookie ball to stop them from rolling around. )
- Depending on the size of your Air Fryer you can probably get between 5-9 cookies, at a time.
- Place in air-fryer and bake for 8 minutes.
- Let sit in the air-fryer for 3 minutes
- Allow to cool on rack.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of Sea Salt and enjoy!
Recipe Tester Miranda advises:
Don’t preheat your air fryer with the parchment in it- it burnt holes in the parchment 😂 lesson learned.
I did get just over 3 dozen. Now we have a stockpile of dough balls in the freezer!
I think the air circulating in my air fryer moved the cookies around- it was fine with me since it would be a convenient treat- I didn’t mind the misshapen cookies lol. Nice for a quick treat without having to heat the oven.
⭐️ It’s no secret that I’m excited to be one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program. Thank with Google is an experimental feature that gives you the chance to purchase a virtual sticker and directly express your support for content on my website. As a loyal reader, you can now feel more connected and engaged because you have the ability to express yourself and share what my work means to you.
It’s been great seeing the variety of stickers and messages my readers have chosen so far. And whenever you send a paid sticker, you can include a personal message, which I really enjoy getting. For me, these virtual stickers translate into direct revenue for the work that goes into the content that you are enjoying. 🙌
👈🏼 👆🏼 👇🏽 On my site, you’ll find the Thank with Google feature in multiple places, including in my sidebar, as a button at the top of this and all blog posts, or as a button at the end of this and all blog posts. If you try it out, let me know what you think! Thanks as always for being a supporter.
1 thought on “Pretzel & Chocolate Chunk Air Fryer Cookies”
Love this for my air fryer, but I wonder if they would work in the oven too. My church packages meals for families who are struggling, everything is frozen and delivered for the family to bake/heat. This would be a great dessert. Any idea on time and temperature?