One of our favorite lunch spots is a wood-fire pizza place that makes a favorite amongst kids and adults alike. You guessed it… macaroni and cheese. They simply put macaroni and cheese on a pizza crust and bake it all up. The kids eat it up like candy.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Find our full disclosure here.
This is my version. A bit heartier and a bit more friendly to the grown-up crowd. I still use the macaroni and cheese but add in several kinds of cheese, crushed crackers, and put it in a deep-dish crust. Cast iron works great for this.
This is a great way to use up any leftover cheeses you might have (although, who has that? right.) particularly the soft whites. Gouda, mozzarella, Parmesan, and white cheddar are the favorites in my house, I like to fill my crust to the top, if possible, with all that cheesy goodness!
The best part of this macaroni pizza recipe is the gooey cream cheese filling…don’t skip that part. Or the cracker crumble. Don’t skip that part either. And for goodness sakes….use good macaroni and cheese!! None of the no-name stuff. Get the good stuff. We recommend shells…they’re awesome on this pizza!
macaroni pizza recipe
- 1 prepared deep-dish pizza crust
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package macaroni and cheese prepared
- 16 ounces soft white cheese (gouda, mozzarella, Parmesan, American, etc), shredded.
- 1/2 cup crushed butter crackers
- olive oil
- Mix softened cream cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper together.
- Spread into the bottom of the prepared pizza crust.
- --alternately stir into warm macaroni and cheese
- Spread macaroni and cheese on top.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Top with crushed crackers and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Follow the deep dish pizza crust directions for baking. (usually about 30 minutes)
More pizzas to try: