As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
The perfect combo of jalapeno poppers and baked macaroni & cheese baked up into absolute creamy, spicy, and cheesy goodness. This is an easy to make dinner recipe that the whole family will love!
Are you drooling? I mean, look at that crispy top, creamy cheese, and spicy jalapeno bits. Soooo good!
Tip: Homemade croutons are the BEST and suitable for so many dishes. Keep a batch in an air-tight container!
There is nothing quite like macaroni and cheese to make the whole family hurry up and get to the table. And this macaroni and cheese is a step up from the kind you have as a kid. Perfect for even the grown-ups.
Tips for perfect macaroni and cheese:
- salt the water for the pasta!
- go heavy on the cheese!
- pick your pasta carefully for the right shape to grab and hold all that cheesiness in the nooks and crannies.
- add a bit of heavy cream for even better texture and smoothness.
- for extra tasty leftovers: add a bit of milk, cover, and heat it super slowly!
- for a creamier, softer macaroni & cheese, choose a more narrow and deep baking dish. For crispier pasta bits, choose a wide and shallow dish.
This macaroni and cheese has creamy, cheesy noodles topped with a crunchy crispy bread topping. You can skip that topping if you like. But honestly…that crispiness is soooo good!
Tip: Use jarred jalapeno’s to keep this macaroni and cheese fast and easy!
Jalapeño Popper Mac ‘n Cheese
- 4 cups day old bread cut into cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- ½ stick butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup jarred jalapeños diced
- 1 pound bacon
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 6 ounces Colby jack cheese marble, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 13 inch or 8 by 8 inch baking pan.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and add bacon.
- On a separate baking sheet, add bread cubes, toss in olive oil and add salt, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Bake bread cubes for 15 minutes, or until golden brown, leave the pan with the bacon in longer.
- Bake bacon until crispy, about 20 minutes. Cool and chop into large pieces.
- Prepare macaroni, al denté, as directed in the package.
- Return macaroni to pan and add cream cheese and butter. Mix until butter and cream cheese are melted.
- Mix in whipping cream and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Fold in jalapeños and bacon.
- Add the macaroni to the greased baking dish and top with the croutons.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
Other delicious macaroni and cheese recipes to try:
Campfire Macaroni and Cheese. Prepare it ahead and cook it over the campfire! Perfect for camping trips.
That, friends, is Macaroni and Cheese pizza. Yep, the kids freak out over this stuff!
Nothing like Four Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese! I mean, with four different kinds of cheese, you can’t go wrong!