Delicious to eat, simple to make, and beautiful to look at…this patriotic fruit tart makes your Fourth of July celebration even better! Using puffed pastry, this dessert comes together in a fast hurry!
Are you looking for a fun patriotic dessert? Try our Firecracker Cupcakes. Kids love them!
This puff pastry berry tart is the perfect dessert to bring or make for Fourth of July celebrations. Like our popular Berry Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread, it’s soooo crazy easy!
Key Ingredients for a Patriotic Fruit Tart:
- Puff pastry sheet. Be sure to use the sheets of puff pastry and not the shells! Simply bake up the sheet according to the package instructions.
- Cream cheese mixture. Simply a blend of cream cheese, sour cream, and powdered sugar. Throw some vanilla or cinnamon in there, if you like.
- Berries. I prefer to use blueberries and sliced strawberries or whole raspberries. My sister loves using fresh cherries instead of the strawberries. Use whatever you prefer just be sure to have red and blue colors.
How to Make a Patriotic Berry Tart:
- Bake the puff pastry sheet according to the package directions.
- Carefully spread the cream cheese mixture on the cooled puff pastry.
- Add your berries to create a flag.
- Chill and eat!
Tips for making a Patriotic Berry Tart:
- What’s nice about this pastry is that you don’t need to make it into a flag. If you’re making this dessert on a day that isn’t the Fourth of July, or some other patriotic holiday, just put your fruit wherever you want!
- Try using a sugar cookie crust as a base! Simply buy a roll of pre-made sugar cookie dough, spread it out on a pan, and bake according to the directions.
- Skip fresh berries and opt for jam, instead.
- Make this a savory treat with blueberry jam and salmon instead of berries. Skip adding the sugar into the cream cheese base! Serve with a bit of fresh dill, on the side.
Get kids involved in making this by asking them to make the flag. Ask them how many stars and strips there should be. And then, how many do they guess will fit on this version.
Another fabulous Patriotic summer dessert is our Firecracker Cupcakes. They have Pop Rocks in them and are sooooo fun! Speaking of Pop Rocks, check out this fun list of 12 Fun, Fizzy Ways to Cook with Pop Rocks.
Patriotic Fruit Tart
- 1 puff pastry sheet Found in the frozen section
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or other fruit if preferred
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or other fruit if preferred
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened about half a package
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bake puff pastry sheet according to package instructions.
- While the pastry is baking, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth. If you use a light sour cream, use a little less sour cream to prevent your cream base from being too runny. Chill until ready to use.
- After your pastry has cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture over the whole pastry. You may have extra mixture, depending on how sweet you would like your tart. This works great as a fruit dip later!
- Add your fruit in the desired design.
- Chill, covered, until ready to serve.
1 thought on “Crazy Easy Patriotic Fruit Tart”
You mean should I be lucky enough to get to a blogger convention I’ll have to pack some Lah-ti-dah dresses?? And I’ll have to take my hair down from my ponytail and leave the baseball hat at home?? Boy, this takes some deep thought!! I don’t know if I can pull this off. You know silk purse, sow’s ear and all. Here I thought the conventions were bacchanals. You know, what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas?? I guess I’ll go over to your Instagram account and see what’s going on. BTW — love your recipe :-)