Sometimes, the last thing in the world you want to do is make a dessert and go to a party or get together where you have to talk to people when really you'd like to sit on a couch and drink and sleep. We all have those days. And while it's very important for you to take days specifically for YOU, and to say no to people when you need to, sometimes there are times you just have to go to that party. Especially when it's the Fourth of July. And for when you do, this puff pastry berry tart is the perfect dessert to bring or make. Like our popular Berry Cinnamon Roll Monkey Bread, it's soooo crazy easy!
A patriotic puff pastry berry tart!
You can pull off this dessert, easy. You can even make it and spend the rest of the time perfecting your makeup and trying on fifteen different outfits. It's easy and not time-consuming.
It's easy, fast, simple, and delicious. All you do is use a sheet of Puff pastry, whipped cream cheese, and berries to make a patriotic dessert that will make you look like a star.
What's nice about this pastry is that you don't need to make it into a flag. If you're making this dessert on a day that isn't the Fourth of July, or some other patriotic holiday, just put your fruit wherever you want!
Now you have your choice, be fancy or don't be fancy. This dessert does both easily.
Pro tip: The frosting that goes onto the puff pastry makes a delicious fruit dip! So if you don't have puff pastry or just don't want/have the time to make it, omit it!
Get kids involved in making this by asking them to make the flag. Ask them how many stars and strips there should be. And then, how many do they guess will fit on this version.
Another fabulous Patriotic summer dessert is our Firecracker Cupcakes. They have Pop Rocks in them and are sooooo fun! Speaking of Pop Rocks, check out this fun list of 12 Fun, Fizzy Ways to Cook with Pop Rocks.
- 1 puff pastry Found in the frozen section
- 1 cup raspberries or other fruit if preferred
- 1/2 cup blueberries or other fruit if preferred
- 4 oz cream cheese about half a package
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400.Warm puff pastry using instructions on box. Place on baking sheet.Bake for 15 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown. Cool.While the pastry is baking, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth. If you use a light sour cream, use a little less sour cream to prevent your cream base from being too runny.After your pastry has cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture over the whole pastry. You may have extra mixture, depending on how sweet you would like your tart. This works great as a fruit dip later!Add your fruit in the desired design.