With the start of fall comes homemade lattes, warm soups, and...pumpkin bread. Full of warm spices and flavorful pumpkin, this pumpkin bread makes your fall coffee time feel like Grandma is sitting at the table with you.
I'm not going to waste time...just look at the pictures and get to the recipe, already! Go bake it. BAKE THIS BREAD!
Another easy pumpkin recipe...2 ingredient Pumpkin Cookies
Quick question: Have you ever gotten a bag of cinnamon sticks to use as ground cinnamon? Like, you take the cinnamon stick and grind it for fresh cinnamon? Try it sometime. You'll probably only do it once in your life. But I swear you'll think your recipes are THAT much better for it :).
Mini Pumpkin Pie Bites...soooo cute and delicious! Try those this fall!
Why is my pumpkin bread dry?
You are using too little pumpkin puree. The puree helps create a dense, moist loaf. Also...you could be over-baking your loaf, a common mistake!
But truly, don't sweat dry pumpkin bread. Just top it with more butter and serve it with coffee..not a single person will complain. And if they do, eat it yourself.
Along with grinding your own cinnamon, have you made your own Pumpkin Spice Mix? Unlike grinding cinnamon only once in your life...you should make this one often! Especially if you have these spices on hand most of the time. For some of you, you rarely have all of these spices and buying the mix will be easier.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Mix:
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
Tip about the pumpkin spice mix: My grandma used to add a touch of cayenne pepper and a touch of allspice to hers. She said it was that "special something" that made her pies taste a bit...more. Truly, I think she's right. Try the "normal" version first and then try her amped up version.
And oh wait...don't miss my Better than Sex PUMPKIN version!
[cp_popup display="inline" style_id="54152" step_id = "1"][/cp_popup]
One-Bowl Homemade Pumpkin Bread
- ¾ Cup vegetable oil
- 2 ½ Cups sugar
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Cup water
- 1 ½ Cups pumpkin puree
- 3 Cups flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl beat the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and water together until frothy.
- Add the pumpkin puree, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon and beat until everything is well incorporated, around 3 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and take to the oven.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minus or until golden brown on top and cooked.
● You can also use applesauce if you are not a huge fan of pumpkin puree the end result is slightly more fruity.
● Freezer friendly! Slice it and freeze it to have pumpkin loaf cake every time you are craving a slice. HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE SPICE MIX:
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves