This Pumpkin Better than Sex cake is not only a few ingredients, but soooo delicious and easy.
It doesn’t make sense that this cake works OR that it tastes so delicious. The cake part itself is only made of yellow cake mix and pumpkin puree. Before you add any of the other ingredients it’s dry and not particularly delicious, but luckily you won’t be leaving it by itself. You will be adding sweetened condensed milk, which makes it incredibly moist and sweet.
In total this cake takes about three hours. This is one of those cakes you make the night before an event or the morning before your in-laws come over. But really, all you do is bake the cake, put some sweetened condensed milk on it, and cover it in whipped cream. You can tell your in-laws you spent two hours on it, and they will be so impressed and amazed at your talents and dedication. And you can smile to yourself because you know the truth.
Obviously this cake isn’t very good for you, but that’s the price you pay for such ease. It’s no worse for you than any other cake, however! And it’s so worth it with how delicious it tastes. Besides, the name is just fun to say when people ask you what the cake is ;).
Heath bits, caramel, and nuts taste best on this cake, but you can put whatever you’d prefer on it obviously. Whether that be butterscotch sauce or bbq and M&Ms, the toppings aren’t what makes the cake. The sweet, moist pumpkin cake is what makes it delicious.
Pumpkin Better than Sex Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz whipped cream (homemade or Cool-whip works)
- 4-6 oz chopped nuts of choice (optional)
- caramel sauce (optional)
- heath bits (optional)
- Mix cake mix and pumpkin puree together until smooth. (do not use the other ingredients listed on the box)
- Bake according to cake mix directions (usually 25 minutes at 350 degrees)
- Let cool
- Use a chopstick, handle of wooden spoon, knife, etc… to poke holes all over the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake allowing to soak into the holes.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Cover the top of the cake with whipped cream and nuts
- If you like, use caramel topping and heath candy bits on top.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving (4-6 is ideal)
Comment or email what you think of this Pumpkin Better Than Sex Cake!