Although Kylie Jenner brought these waffle bites to everybody's attention, busy mom's have been making them forever. Tasty, easy, and fast... nothing beats the ease of throwing prepared cinnamon roll dough into the waffle maker and a couple minutes later having a fun breakfast the whole family loves!
These little waffle bites are a great recipe for getting your Kids in the Kitchen trying their hand and making meals! Make sure you supervise their use of the waffle iron, though.
- Roll of prepared cinnamon roll dough. Because these puff up quite high in the waffle maker, you want to choose a variety of cinnamon rolls that isn't "jumbo". If desired, choose a variety that comes with frosting. Or you could serve these with maple syrup, instead. Or both :).
- Cooking Spray or butter. The sugar from the cinnamon rolls will want to stick to the waffle maker. Use cooking spray or brush the waffle maker with butter to keep this from happening.
- Waffle Maker. Any kind of waffle maker will work just fine. If you use a standard waffle maker (NOT a belgian), be extra sure not to choose any "jumbo" variety of cinnamon rolls or they will be far too thick. In my opinion, THIS WAFFLE MAKER, is the best budget-friendly one on the market.
To make Cinnamon Roll Waffles:
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Spray warmed waffle maker with spray oil or brush with butter.
- Place cinnamon rolls into the waffle maker.
- Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, until indicator light is on.
- Remove waffles from waffle maker and top with icing or syrup and serve hot.
Be sure that the cinnamon rolls don't burn. I found that they can go from golden brown to burnt quite quickly so be sure to keep an eye on them.
Oh my gosh are these amazing for making and freezing for later! Make up a big ol' batch and pop them into a freezer bag. Take a couple out and reheat them in the toaster. Easy and fast weekday on-the-go breakfast!
Recipe adaptation Ideas:
- Serve with berries.
- Mix a bit of maple syrup into the cream cheese frosting.
- Try the flavored cinnamon rolls (like pumpkin!).
- Melt a bit of peanut butter or Nutella to serve on top.
- Use the waffles for sandwiches! Fill them with PB & J for a fun kid-friendly treat.
- Top with apple slices and honey.
Cinnamon roll wafflesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Cinnamon roll dough in a can
- Spray oil or butter for waffle maker
- Preheat waffle maker. Spray warmed waffle maker with spray oil or brush with butter.
- Place one cinnamon roll into each waffle reservoir.
- Close the waffle maker and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove waffles from waffle maker.
- Top with icing or syrup and serve hot.
You can also mix powdered sugar with milk to create more icing for your waffles.
A bit of syrup add tastes great! And of course you can top with fruit if desired.
You can also batch cook these and freeze. Then simply pop already made waffles into the toaster for an easy on the go breakfast.