These pistachio cookies feature cocoa and sea salt for a delicious from scratch sweet chocolate cookie recipe. These Salted Chocolate Pistachio cookies will easily be your favorite!
I just don't know how to properly talk about these chocolate pistachio cookies. They are my new favorite for so many reasons.
“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Find our full disclosure here.
- They aren't overly sweet--just right.
I'm a giant fan of the dark chocolate, pistachio, and sea salt combo because it hits the sweet and salty AND nutritional combo. Okay, I might be stretching the nutrition point a bit. But I do omit the butter in favor of coconut oil and dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet. And, of course, all of those pistachios are good for you. So yeah, nutritious.
- They are easy to make.
Mix and bake. The end. The hardest part is shelling the pistachios if you don't find pre-shelled ones. Which I grab from Amazon to make my life easier. Or, you get your kid to do them...
- They are grown-up.
Kids aren't going to like them as much as traditional chocolate chip cookies. This is a good thing, in my opinion. Grown-ups deserve cookies too. Mom's deserve cookies that don't get devoured immediately after being taken out of the oven. These might actually make it to the freezer for girl's night. If you don't eat them all yourself, first.
These cookies are a perfect blend of comfort food classics and "newbie" healthy ingredients (is that even a thing ;)). Kind of like I smooshed Pizza and Kale together and made a new and DELICIOUS thing that everyone wants to eat.
Except not Pizza and Kale.
You'll love these!
Salted Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups coconut oil or soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg beaten
- 5 oz dark chocolate chips you can sub semi-sweet if that's all you have
- 1 cup chopped and shelled pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350degrees.
- Mix flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat coconut oil and brown sugar together for about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat for about 2 more minutes.
- Slowly beat in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the chocolate chips and pistachio's.
- Put about 1.5 inch round balls of dough on to a greased cookie sheet. (NOTE-I totally just use two spoons and eye-ball this. You perfectionist can measure and form proper balls, if you like.)
- Sprinkle the tops with sea salt and gently press the balls down with greased fingers a bit to give them a flat top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-11 minutes or until they look set and the edges look dry.