3 things in this house are sacred. My daughters cookies, Nate’s coffee, and Nate’s chili. I’ve already shared Nate’s venison chili, lots of coffee shop coffee recipes, and so today…the BEST chocolate chip cookies.
All of the above named have been secret. They store it in their head. And hope that no one tortures them. I have not even been allowed to know. In fact, until recently, I wasn’t even allowed into the kitchen while they were being made.
Which, really, isn’t such a bad thing is it :).
Finally, I convinced my daughter that there are many of you out there that don’t have access to the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and it would be a kindness to share.
It might have taken me YEARS of convincing to make this happen.
These chocolate chip cookies are a commodity in our house. Katie is bribed by many to make them, begged and tricked. All for a cookie. They are that good.
At Christmas, my siblings would tell her that they wouldn’t give her the gifts they had for her until she made a batch of cookies.
She did. And Christmas gift opening waited until everyone had cookies in hand.
Best Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
the BEST chocolate chip cookies. Easy, old-fashioned family favorite cookies!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- in a separate bowl put butter and sugars. Beat together.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter and beat until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture while stirring.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Grease cookie sheet. Put 1/4 cup of cookie dough about 3 inches apart onto cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven at preheated at 325 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
Other family favorite cookie recipes you should try:
Tahini Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies (my personal fave!)