A coca cola cupcake is what’s what this summer! No really, it’s amazing!! These cupcakes are happiness in a bite. Of course, that means you won’t be able to stop at a bite. No maam!
I’m a Coke lover. None of this Pepsi business for me. And anyone that says they can’t taste the difference is just bonkers. I shake my head at you. Next time, take a few extra moments, close your eyes, feel the bubbles, and taste. It’s rare for me to drink soda, anymore. But when I do…I make it count!
So here is me wagging my finger at you in warning: do not use anything but Coke for this recipe! That would be sacreligious and stuff.
Cupcakes have had a moment, haven’t they? I think it’s because they evoke childhood happiness with their mini size, they are often incredible flavor combos that appeal to our grown-up taste buds, and it’s a rare occasion when a cupcake isn’t amazingly decorated. They really are little tasty, edible pieces of art!
Why is this particular cupcake recipe so irresistible? It has all the proper elements…
1. Delicious, bad for you…5,000 calorie frosting that I could eat all by itself.
2. Filling. In a flavor that “goes” with the cupcake. Not, just jelly, or cream to say you put in filling. This filling makes utter sense and is required for these cupcakes to be top-quality.
3. Chocolate. Chocolate AND Coke in the same cupcake? Be still my heart!
4. Pretty, pretty. The cupcake has to be art in itself. Technically the cupcake in the picture is pulled apart. But, it really is pretty.
5. Stuff on top. Sprinkles, chocolate, cherries, decorations. Treat my cupcake like your neck…give it some jewelry!
Don’t be scared…it’s not as hard as it looks! And somethings are worth a Saturday afternoon, don’t you think?
- 1 cup Coke
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 tablespoons butter-cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir dry ingredients together in large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat Coke, cocoa, and butter in small saucepan on medium heat until butter is melted.
- Whisk sugars into chocolate mixture until blended. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add egg to cooled chocolate and stir well.
- Add chocolate mixture to dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Fill cupcake liners with 1/4 cup batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Cool before filling.
Coca Cola Filling
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cola
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar or until desired consistency
- Beat ingredients together until desired consistency is achieved.
- Using spoon scoop out center of cooled cupcakes (about an inch across).
- Scoop filling into holes.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- Beat ingredients, minus the cream, until smooth.
- Add cream until desired consistency for the frosting is desired.
- Pipe onto cupcakes and top with sea salt and crushed peanuts.
These cupcakes will make your world a better place and are totally worth the effort! When is the last time you made a batch of homemade cupcakes in your own kitchen? Let this weekend be the weekend you slow down and take a few hours to get your hands sticky and your soul filled.