I made a delicious meatball pizza recipe using Johnsonville® Meatballs as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. Find our full disclosure here.
We call this meatball pizza recipe the Polka Dot Pizza in our house. Probably obvious why. Perfect balls of meat, tomatoes, and cheese make this pizza a favorite on pizza night. Using frozen meatballs speeds up the time from oven to table (and believe me, these Johnsonville® meatballs taste amazing…frozen or not!).
I use a traditional homemade pizza crust for many of my pizzas but don’t feel bad about pulling out a prepared crust.
For this meatball pizza recipe you’ll use cherry tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, shredded cheddar cheese ( I used white for this pizza), and frozen Johnsonville® Meatballs cut in half. We use the Italian version, because they have our favorite mixture of spices. Yummy!
It’s a good idea to toss the meatballs in oil or sauce and warm them before putting them on the pizza, so they don’t dry out and aren’t frozen in the center still. I usually use a bit of olive oil and garlic to toss the meatballs in and then warm them in the microwave for a few minutes.
Look at the Polka Dots! Exactly why my kids refer to it as the “Polka Dot Pizza”. All sorts of deliciousness in polka dot form. Give this meatball pizza recipe a try; you’ll love it!
Meatball Pizza Recipe
- 8-10 Johnsonville® Meatballs
- 12-14 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 8 oz mozzarella pearls
- 8 oz cheddar cheese white or yellow, shredded
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- Mix olive oil, garlic, and meatballs together in microwave safe bowl.
- Warm on medium in the microwave until the meatballs are thawed. Cut in half.
- Spread marinara sauce on the prepared crust. Sprinkle with the basil.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Spread tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and meatballs on top.
- Bake according to pizza dough instructions.
I need to mention that I recently saw a pizza on Pinterest (we have a Pizza Night board, by the way, in case you are interested in that sort of thing) that was Spaghetti and Meatball pizza. Pizza crust covered in spaghetti and meatballs is an AMAZING invention that I’m sad I didn’t think of very first. But I intend to try it! Doesn’t that sound like fun?
More pizzas you might like: