This pizza recipe is soooo uber fast and a great way to use up leftover chicken, bake up chicken breast for, or simply grab your favorite store-bought cooked chicken.
I’m a giant fan of making my own pizza dough (I do so quite often). But let’s face it, grabbing a store-bought crust or refrigerator dough is far simpler and still tasty. I have also had great success with this recipe on Naan bread as personal sized pizzas which kids love!
If the name of the game is to get a tasty, nutritious supper on the table as quickly as possible, do what it takes!
Honestly, they all work great and will not take away from the deliciousness of this pizza!
What goes on a BBQ Chicken pizza?
Our family thinks chicken, cilantro, red onions, cheese, and barbecue sauce make up the the perfect BBQ Chicken Pizza. Some recipes like to add pepperoncini peppers. My family is pretty anti-pepper, though.
Do I need to cook chicken before putting on pizza?
Yes, for sure! Which is why this is the perfect recipe for leftover chicken. When I’m making chicken for another dish I like to cook extra to freeze just for this pizza.
Do you cook onions before putting on pizza?
Honestly, it’s better if you cook the onions first. But let’s be honest…Mama doesn’t have time for that. I rarely do and have zero complaints.
What cheese is best for this pizza?
Crystal Farms® cheese has been made for 25 years right next door to Minnesota in Lake Mills, Wisconsin. Being my husband and kids were born there, and we lived there for over 15 years…we are partial to the brand and the great quality they produce. Of course, their cheese is absolutely delicious, creamy, and melty! Perfect for mama’s favorite pizza!
Cheddar, Mozzarella, Provolone, and smoked Gouda are the yummiest of yums for this pizza!
Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- 1 pkg refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 pound chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 16oz pkg Crystal Farms Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 16oz pkg Crystal Farms Cheddar Cheese (for a total of 8oz)
- Sprinkle a bit of cornmeal on the bottom of the pizza pan or baking sheet. (optional)
- Roll out the prepared crust.
- Mix the barbecue sauce with the cooked chicken.
- Spread the barbecue chicken on the prepared crust.
- Top with the sliced onion.
- Spread the cheese on top.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Bake according to the pizza dough instructions or until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is melty.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.
Other Chicken Recipes you’ll love: