This chicken arugula pizza is one of those recipes that is soooo easy I feel somewhat ridiculous acting as if it is a recipe. I mean, really. But at the same time, I know that I order my groceries delivered, use meal kits, and pick up packaged ingredients simply because I don't want to think ONE MORE TIME. Not once.
I've done the thinking for you on this one and all you need to do is grab ingredients. In my case, just pop open my computer and it to my grocery delivery list ( I know, I'm sooo pathetic!). This recipe uses pre-made ingredients OR you can make any one of the ingredients yourself.
- Do you want to make your own sauce? First, let me recommend the age-old trick of tomato paste and Italian seasoning (truly will change your world!). We have a couple of those too.
White Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Do you want to make your own pizza crust? We have like 5 recipes for that (including whole-wheat, gluten-free, and cauliflower (!)).
Homemade Pizza Crust Recipe
- I can't make chicken. But I CAN say that grabbing a rotisserie chicken is one of my favorite time-savers. As well, the already cooked and cut chicken you can get in the freezer section.
- Lastly, let's say your family isn't arugula eaters for whatever reason. You can use spinach as a good substitute.
There is absolutely zero shame in using pre-made ingredients and already prepared crusts if it gets supper on the table faster. A happy family that is well-fed is the goal, do what you need to to get there. For real! Although, I'm a bit of a believer in every child having made homemade pizza dough at least once in their life. Get those kids in the kitchen whenever you can! If this chicken arugula pizza helps you, yay!
Let us know if this chicken arugula pizza recipe is helpful and
you would like to see more fast & easy recipes like this.
Chicken and Arugula Pizza
- 1 Whole-wheat pizza crust store-bought, preferably organic
- 1 cup of grilled chicken slices
- 1/2 cup of Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup of arugula + spinach loosely packed
- 3/4 cup pepper jack or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil for brushing
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a pizza stone or large cookie sheet lightly with oil. Lay the whole-wheat pizza crust on it. Brush it with olive oil generously (or the crust will become soggy from the sauce).
- Spread the pizza sauce on the prepped crust and sprinkle the cheese.
- Arrange the grilled chicken slices and throw in the spinach+arugula.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes (or according to package instructions) till the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top, slice and serve.