As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Read the full disclosure here
I’m scared of radish recipes. No, I’m scared of radishes. Their little red bulbs and green tops scare the pants off me. There are very few ways that I like to eat them but I like looking at radishes, with all their pretty colors. I go to the farmers market and think to myself…”you really should give them another chance“. And, I am happy to say..I did. I picked up a couple of bunches of Easter Egg Radishes in beautiful shades of red, purple, and pink. They tasted heavenly in this gluten-free hot radish salad. I’m telling you…winner, winner chicken dinner! Radishes and Bacon belong together. For ever and always.
So, don’t be afraid of the lowly radishes. Get yourself a slab of bacon like Grandma would have done, and make yourself this radish salad on your next Saturday afternoon. You’ll be so glad you did! You’ll write me a letter of cheer and joy!! We love those.
You want your glorious bacon cut into chunks before you mix it into your washed and quartered radishes. Use good, thick bacon!
Cook your bacon for a couple of minutes before adding your radishes to the mix. Be sure to drain the bacon grease off only adding it back as needed to cook the radishes.
Look for bacon ends, they work perfectly for this!
Your radishes and bacon will cook up together for about 15 minutes (or until the radishes are soft). If you like, add a lid to speed up the process. Once again, drain off excess bacon fat.
This easy bacon and radish salad recipe that pairs perfectly with sandwiches, soups, or even chicken. Radishes cooked up wth bacon is a great way to introduce your family (and me!) to an otherwise under-appreciated veggie!
- 3/4 pound bacon cut into chunks
- 2 bunches radishes cleaned & quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar optional
- Cut the bacon in chunks and place into hot skillet.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, wash and quarter the radishes.
- Add the radishes to bacon and cook for about 15 minutes or until soft (cover with lid to speed up the process)
- After the radishes are soft add the vinegar and sugar...stir and cook for about 1 minute.
- Serve. Yum!