Radishes are in season right now at the grocery stores here in MN and I couldn’t be more excited to eat all the soup! Maybe I am a little bit freak-ish for loving these little red veggies but let me be honest … it’s not my love for the little red veggies as much for this delicious radish soup! Prepare them in this creamy radish soup recipe and I am putty in your hands. Putty, I tell ya!
This radish soup is a rock star!
But be sure to serve it with sour cream (obviously, if you are vegan, get the vegan sub for sour cream. Obvs :)). No really, you’ll be tempted to think the addition of sour cream is not that big a deal but … you’d be dead wrong. And when it comes to my favorite little spring red veggies, I don’t want you to have a big ol’ fat Loser symbol on your forehead. Use the sour cream.
Easy Creamy Radish Soup Recipe
- 2 lbs radishes rinsed trimmed, and quartered
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 red potatoes or alternately 1 cup sweet corn
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- dash of hot sauce
- Combine margarine, onion, radishes, corn, salt, pepper, and hot sauce in pan. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes or until the radishes and onions are soft.
- Keep the temperature on low and add the milk and sugar.
- Heat until hot but not boiling.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer (carefully!) the soup to your blender and blend the soup until creamy.
- Serve warm with sour cream.
Recipe NotesIf you are not a vegan, I recommend using butter in place of the margarine for a richer, nicer flavor. Also, feel free to use dairy milk for the almond milk. Or even sub out 1 cup of the almond milk for 1 cup of cream.
Do serve this soup with sour cream, at least the first time!
P.S. I’m a bit of a soup Nazi (get the reference :)) and pride myself on my crazy awesome soup abilities. No seriously … please try my gourmet mushroom soup, or roasted cauliflower soup. Those two are some of my faves of all time and can’t be missed! Oh wait…maybe my African Peanut soup? Oh heck, I love soup!
If you have never made a radish recipe, cooked with radish, worked with radish, heck—seen a radish, here is a great article from The Kitchn with some good pointers on cooking with the little guys…