This roasted cauliflower soup is a favorite! Warm, hearty, tasty, and easy to make! Best of all it’s gluten-free for those that need that option! Besides cauliflower potato salad, it’s the best use of the tasty white veggie!
Soup is the best for when you need a hug from the inside. And this soup is pretty good for you but still remains creamy and delicious, so your body can love you, your taste buds can smile, and your tummy can be warm and happy.
- 1 head of cauliflower rinsed and chopped.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced.
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- parmesean cheese for serving
- Mix the chopped cauliflower with the minced garlic and put it on a cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil on it and place it into a pre-heated 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Be sure to stir it once or twice so it doesn't get black and nasty on the bottom.
- Put the butter into your med/large soup pot and melt it. Add the onions and cook them up until nice and golden. About 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, roasted cauliflower, herbs, and water to the onions. Simmer on low for about 30 minutes or the cauliflower is very tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Heat the soup back up again.
- Use a blender or immersion blender to puree the soup. We sometimes skip this and eat it in broth form. It's still delicious!
Are you looking for a great soup recipe?
Creamy Radish Soup | This soup turns the lowly radish into a delicious and wonderful soup!
African Peanut Soup | A favorite of our family, this is crazy fast and easy!
easy Lasagna Soup | One-pot and 30 minutes is all it takes to get this soup on the table.