Aren’t these Valetine’s Day cookie sandwiches precious? These Valentines Day cookie sandwiches are cute as can be, oh so tasty, and incredibly easy to make. They only take a total of four ingredients (unless you want sprinkles, then five!), and after you try them you’ll be making them for every party.
These cookies taste like a mix of cookies and cupcakes, which we find to be delicious. Kinda like how the best part of a muffin is the muffin top, think of these as the cupcake top. They’re soft and sweet and moist. They are the type of cookies that you can’t help but keep going back for more. They are perfect for the person who likes the center piece of the brownie.
These are the kind of simple Valentine’s Day treats that I used to make for my children’s holiday parties when they were younger. Did you have those? When my kids were young they went to a small school where for each holiday kids would be assigned to bring in treats. They’d eat the treats, watch a Charlie Brown episode about the holiday, and play games. My kids loved their holiday parties, and their friends loved them for the treats they brought!
Trust us, after you try these cookies for the first time you’ll forever be wondering why you ever made cookies homemade.
I know that these cookies look all fancy and difficult, but I promise they’re not. They are just made to look that way so you click on the picture. Really, they’re simple as can be. All it takes is some cake batter, eggs, vegetable oil, and marshmallow fluff. The only thing you might find difficult is the marshmallow fluff, but only because marshmallow fluff can be sticky and messy. Otherwise, these cookies are so very simple!
They look fancy. They taste delicious. And that’s all that matters.
We chose to use marshmallow fluff in the center of our cookies. You do not need to do that. You can use frosting, or peanut butter, or even have nothing in the center at all! The cookies don’t need anything extra to make them better, we just added the fluff because we like it!
You can have your cookies plain, or you can experiment with cookie and filling types. Here are some ideas we had and would love if someone would like to tell us how they work out:
- Chocolate cake mix, Nutella filling
- Chocolate cake mix, Marshmallow fluff filling, rolled in coconut
- Peanut butter cake mix, chocolate filling
- Peanut butter cake mix, strawberry jam filling
- Chocolate cake mix, chocolate filling, rolled in pistachios
- 1 package cake mix (we recommend strawberry, funfetti, or white)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- marshmallow fluff`
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until combined. The batter should be a dough-like consistency.
- Spoon dough into balls. They should be roughly the size of a walnut. Place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
Putting together sandwiches
- Let cookies cool completely. Spoon marshmallow fluff onto bottom of cookie and use the bottom of another cookie to make a sandwich. Roll sides in sprinkles.
- For best results, chill again before eating.
Walah! You are now a superhero who can make Valentines Day cookie sandwiches. Go you!
Some answered questions if you’re making the sugar cookies yourself:
Are marshmallow cream and marshmallow fluff the same thing?
Yes and no. For the purpose of this recipe, they are not. They are made up of the same ingredients but in different proportions, so if you try to use marshmallow cream in this recipe you will end up with an ooey gooey mess.
Can cake mix be used for cookies?
As you can see above, yes! Most cake mixes can be used to make cookies, just use 1/2 cup of oil and two eggs. Once you know this there are lots of mixes that you can make into fun cookies. It also makes your life a lot easier if you just don’t feel like putting in all the effort for normal cookies.
If you liked this recipe, you might enjoy…