Another coffee recipe in our vast collection of coffee recipes. You might say we have a “thing” for coffee. And you would be right :)! No apologies here. This Irish Coffee is one of our favorite coffee “recipes” because it requires little skill, equipment, or special ingredients. Most likely you have everything you need already at home to make this coffee drink saving you a trip to the coffee shop! We like to keep it easy and accessible!
It’s one of the coffee drinks that you can make at home with just a coffee maker and some booze. Having said that…there’s a couple of things you should know about Irish Coffee:
- It’s a strong as you want it to be. If you make Irish Coffee at home, you get to decide how strong the alcohol flavor is. For this recipe, we made it a little lighter because we want the coffee flavor to come through more. If you want the alcohol flavor a bit stronger, add more booze!
- The glass matters. Yes, your coffee will cool more quickly in a glass than in a cozy mug. But Irish coffee is about the experience. You need to see those lovely layers and feel fancy.
- The lightly whipped cream, versus regular whipped cream, does make a difference. Remember, to make it (and you will need to make it yourself!), you just need to start making whipped cream and stop whipping sooner than you otherwise would. This type of cream makes the perfect barrier to drink the coffee through, as the coffee really isn’t very sweet.
Homemade Irish Coffee
- 8 oz. hot brewed coffee
- 1 oz. whiskey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- lightly whipped cream
- Mix together coffee, whiskey, and brown sugar in your glass.
- Slowly add your slightly whipped cream by pouring it over the back of your spoon.
Recipe NotesTo make slightly whipped cream, whip heavy cream until it just begins to firm up. Add a bit of sugar and beat just until mixed. If you don't want to take the time to make this, store bought whipped cream will work as well. It will just taste slightly different.
Speaking of which, I may have a recipe that beats this Irish Coffee Recipe…
I KNOW…right!?! Best of all, those donuts are FAST. So you can whip up a batch of donuts to have with your coffee next Saturday morning. You’ll have the BEST day, ever :))!!